Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/demba-ba-wants-huge-pay-1332759?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

“The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That’s where we are - it’s still open in the next window.

“I just think people were saying things they shouldn’t say, really.

:fool:

The desperation to sell our players continues despite us spending no money. /yorkie

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/demba-ba-wants-huge-pay-1332759?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Demba Ba has been warned to slash his wage demands or risk his future at the club.

The Newcastle striker is in talks to replace his three-year deal, but has been told to ‘get real’ after seeking almost double his current £50,000-a-week package.

Boss Alan Pardew hauled Ba in for talks on Tuesday, and says he won’t be pressurised by outside moaning, or player power, when selecting his team.

The contract row puts into context this week’s outburst from Ba and his entourage.

Ba had complained he was “not happy with some things” at Newcastle after being dropped for the Everton game, before coming on and scoring twice.

His brother called Pardew “crazy” via Twitter, and his agent warned the player could leave if he was left on the bench.

Ba - who was left behind with other senior players for the Toon's Europa League group-phase opener at Portugal's Maritimo - is available in January for £7.5million, as the release clause which caused so much uncertainty over his future opens again.

Ba and Pardew still have a good relationship, and Pardew will unleash him against Norwich on Sunday, but he wants the Senegal international to control his entourage better.

Pardew said: “I’ve already spoken to Demba and I said I was disappointed with some of the comments around him, but sometimes it’s out of his control and out of my control. We know each other well enough.

“The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That’s where we are - it’s still open in the next window.

“I just think people were saying things they shouldn’t say, really.

"It doesn’t really affect myself and Demba, we’ve got a very good relationship.”

Over the summer, clubs in Europe were put off paying the bargain fee because of Ba’s demands - said by sources on the continent to be more than £4m a year.

Pardew added: “The bottom line is that you have to get your players to play at their best and sometimes there are different methods of doing that.

“The truth of it is that there will be games that I go into with one striker, I’ll never steer away from whatever the opinion is around me, I’ll pick the side that I think is going to win the game.

“At any of the top clubs, you see the same thing. Van Persie has missed some games at Man United and we’re a big club, we’ve got to get results, thats our job.

“Players who play have got to try and get those results, irrespective of personal opinion it’s about what’s best for the team.

“It wasn’t just Demba. I”m just happy with the fact that everybody stepped up a level.

"We stepped up at Everton and challenged. We didn’t do that in the first half. The players deserve great credit for that. It’s not easy to do what they did and turn that situation around.

“I wasn’t tempted to bring Demba out here because I’d already made the decision and I’ll stick by that.

“If I’m honest, Demba gave me exactly what I wanted (at Everton). To be honest, I got that reaction at Everton, but I want it for Norwich!

“I’ve got no problems with Demba, because he’s a team player and he wants to do his best for the team.

"He has always been like that.”

By who? :lol:

Not sure why he's mentioning it's still open. There's honesty and then there's no need to say something

I'm sure, thanks to his agents, that most managers know the clause is there any way tbh. No need to mention it publically but the blokes making the big decisions know of it regardless.

Not sure why he's mentioning it's still open. There's honesty and then there's no need to say something

I'm sure, thanks to his agents, that most managers know the clause is there any way tbh. No need to mention it publically but the blokes making the big decisions know of it regardless.

In a sense, it's a relief to not have all the shitty articles talking about it and us discussing it at length. There's no 'perfect' situation with a clause like that but it's still frustrating to hear it

What a s*** stirring article. The quotes don't match any of that fluffed up bullshit in the headline or whatever else was written by some ball sack journo. Skid marks on the underpants of society that lot, any chance to s*** stir and they're all over it sell fish and chip wrappers  :rant:

Not sure who wants him to be fair, with the knee issue and all this bullshit and his drought at the end of last season... It's not like teams will be falling over themselves to sign him.

He's a great player mind you, I just don't see clubs bigger than newcastle being desperate to have him.

Not sure who wants him to be fair, with the knee issue and all this bullshit and his drought at the end of last season... It's not like teams will be falling over themselves to sign him.

He's a great player mind you, I just don't see clubs bigger than newcastle being desperate to have him.

If he goes it'll be to a smaller club offering silly money, so probably Liverpool

I dont think the knee issue is really relevant any more.  He has been fine (touch wood) for his entire time here.

He seems a genuine lad, it just seems (like most players these days) to be surrounded by a bunch of money grabbing wankers who keep filtering this shit into the media.  We allowed the clause in his contract so there is hardly any point AP going on about it all the time and basically inviting people to come in for him.

Both parties should shut the fuck up, try and find a mutually agreeable contract (in private) and get on with the important stuff.

The knee IS important because it stops other clubs from getting insurance when they sign him, which is why they haven't signed him yet. His contract is guaranteed but without insurance, it's very risky.

I did not realise that, thanks. Yeah, that changes the game a little.  Then again, we are used to paying wages to permacrocks..

It won't be a premier league club that will take him anyway. He will end up in turkey, china, russia or the UAE, where the money is for players of his calibre.

Even Liverpool wouldn't pay him 80k a week, with that knee.

It won't be a premier league club that will take him anyway. He will end up in turkey, china, russia or the UAE, where the money is for players of his calibre.

Tend to agree. Like the guy but he is naive as fuck in letting his Agent et al get away with their comments if he thinks it's going to increase his bargaining position.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if MA/DL etc just cease the talks now and peddle him in January.

Most likely this. He's a very good player, but those wage demands are crazy.

He is represented by an utter cunt to whom money is all that matters. Demba angry at being benched yes and so he should be any player should be but all this shit in the press and this stupid release clause shit is beyond a joke.

I would hate for him to leave but I also believe its what he wants and is what will happen in January but as others say it will be for huge wages at some random nowhere club.

that agent is a d*ck. I do not believe his is that upset and with his current form and cisse not scoring yet he should be playing.

maybe pardew should just go with the 4-4-2 ? im more hooked on 4-3-3 but im not sure its the best formation at this time. Still think we need a quality player for LW before it would makes lethal.

4-4-2 with arfa on the RW and cisse and ba on top will score many goals....all of them also cable of scoring of out of nowhere.

Get our foundation sorted until we hit form all over. goals will come with those 3 playing at the same time.