Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I was joking about Gouffran, but in a way, Cisse was our replacement for Ba (being shifted upfront from right wing) and Gouffran being shifted onto the other wing (than Jonas?) was the replacement for Cisse being there, so in an indirect way...

Guest neesy111

I still can't believe we didn't replace him, utter lunacy.

We thought we had Remy in the bag.

We still had 15 days to find someone after that.

Indeed but we had 2 more weeks to sort a proper striker out, not an all rounder like Gouffran who we'd have likely bought this summer anyway.

Not that any of us expected us to be 17th with 2 games left but still...fail to prepare and all that.

Guest icemanblue

Indeed but we had 2 more weeks to sort a proper striker out, not an all rounder like Gouffran who we'd have likely bought this summer anyway.

Not that any of us expected us to be 17th with 2 games left but still...fail to prepare and all that.

I think we'd have got Aubameyang, if St Ettienne hadn't reached that final. Sums up our luck this season, really.

Seriously impressed by him doing that.

Dunno why, he probably demanded an appearance fee and petrol money for his brothers, cousins and wifes best friends brother.

Here's the thing with Ba i don't think one for second he's a cold human being like some have portrayed.

Poorly advised probably but i don't think he's a mercenary.

Maybe he's feeling a little guilty.

Don't think so, he was our best player in the first half of the season and he and everyone knows that we have a squad that shouldn't be in this situation.

• 1 month later...

Seriously impressed by him doing that.

Dunno why, he probably demanded an appearance fee and petrol money for his brothers, cousins and wifes best friends brother.

Here's the thing with Ba i don't think one for second he's a cold human being like some have portrayed.

Poorly advised probably but i don't think he's a mercenary.

Not sure he's that poorly advised... made some astute career moves. Even Chelsea he would have underestimated how untouchable Torres is.