Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Look, obviously God wanted us to enjoy ourselves, that's why he invented pills and clubs and lube and hardcore. But he also wanted us to give something back, and that's why he created the homeless, the lepers and the oil spills.

And he invented aids

Guest Haris Vuckic

I remember going on a works night out to the gate and the first place they went to, lloyds I think it was called, we made our way through the crowd to the bar and midway I did U-turn out of the place.

Seen them all at work the next monday 'Where did you go?'

Didn't have the heart to tell them I think they're all c***s.

Wow you're so cool!  ;D

Guest firetotheworks

If I was going out and not drinking, I wouldn't bother like. People that say "you shouldn't need a drink to have a good time" conveniently forget that being surrounded by irritating, boisterous people isn't all that fun.

What is this anger about? :lol: All the interview says is that he used to do bad things, but has reformed and that he went to an end of season party but left after seeing the environment. You'd think he was burning black and white kits on the Tyne Bridge

I don't think anyone's angry. He just comes across as a sanctimonious tit.

Not really, he's just saying it's not for him :lol:

This, don't have a clue what he's said wrong. I know that feel, the look around and walk back out the door. Never had a good night out in newcastle. My last night out was in the UK was in Leeds - I went and found some seats and kept the bags, and joined my mates when the highly occasional good song came on. TEAM DEMBA.

edit:

(actually, went to a decent after-show party at the academy. Only other good nights out have been in manchester and at the benicasism disco tent. I can't club to s*** music and i dont get - or want to get- smashed enough to not care).

• 5 weeks later...

I'd rather get a cheaper and more long term player.... Shola is out of contract and shit anyway, Remy might not even be our player past this season which just leaves Cisse.

I'd rather have someone we can rely on than someone who would be gone again in 1 to 2 seasons.

But obviously better than Shola or Cisse at this point, goes without saying.

Would definitely take him back. We've got absolutely nothing up front.

Also, people are kidding themselves if they think Shola isn't getting another year. Especially if we don't sign anyone in January.

Guest Roger Kint

Would definitely take him back. We've got absolutely nothing up front.

Also, people are kidding themselves if they think Shola isn't getting another year. Especially if we don't sign anyone in January.

'Pardew said today: “I do think in the striker department is an area we could possibly look at because Shola’s contract ends, Remy is not our player and that leaves Papiss on his own, really.'

Love to have him back as long as he's fully focused on us and not on his next pay day.

He was focused on his next pay day last time, did us no harm at all. If he comes back, scores a fuck loads of goals then moves on again I don't see the problem.

Would anyone take him back?

No.

Aye, I know he's exactly what we could do with, etc. etc and I may be cutting my nose off to spite my face but... he basically said feck off this time last year -same reason I wouldn't have (a fit) Carroll back. He had his chance to be a legend here. F.uck him.

They're all w*****s mate.

Aye, I know, man.    :embarrassed:

Perhaps I need to get off me high horse about him (post the same sort of thing on Footymad whenever the issue comes up)...just think you need to draw the line somewhere, y'know? And, personally, the line is longer than just a year.

Imagine Ba in that Shola role man. :megusta:

I honestly don't think he'd be as good at it as people think..... he was always at his best when he was alongside someone else to take the bruises and Ba would deal with the scraps.

On his own he'd struggle a lot more, i remember getting annoyed with Pardew many times when he played upfront on his own and how isolated he would get.

He's not a target man guy his traits are somewhere in between Shola and Remy.... not as strong as Shola but not as mobile as Remy while being more mobile than Shola and stronger than Remy and so on.

I also don't think that Remy and Ba would be as good a partnership as some may think and don't see the suitability of them as a pair.

But i don't want Remy as a CF anyway.... he's much better coming off the left IMO.