Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

A0ae5vPCAAE3A9P.jpg

Shows were Demba received the ball post Cisse and Pre Cisse, not great bit of difference tbh.....

He's starting position may have been on the left but the whole front 3 was very fluid and Demba as a result was in central positions still very often.

Post Cisse his conversion rate fell dramatically, the reasons for this IMO were confidence dropping after missed penalty against Sunderland, his overall fitness being down after working so hard for the first half of the season and AFCON.

I genuinely believe we could play Ba on the left all season long and he would still score goals and lots of them if the front 3 were as fluid  and interchangable as last season and he didn't suffer physically and confidence wise.

Depending on when he chose to fast, he may not be fasting on saturday as friday would have been the last day (being a muslim myself, I think his last fast of ramadan would have been on friday).

Depending on when he chose to fast, he may not be fasting on saturday as friday would have been the last day (being a muslim myself, I think his last fast of ramadan would have been on friday).

I don't think that is the case, it is not Eid today for any mosque that I know of, especially in Newcastle so today is still a fast BUT Ba doesn't fast on match days in anyway