Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

He does seem to move clubs fairly often.  His longest spell was at Hoffenheim but even there he was supposed to move to Stuttgart after two seasons but the move fell through.  Could be his agents are moving him around frequently to generate lots of juicy commissions and signing on fees.

so we all agree Agents are Cunts then :thup:

Imo it helps shed light on Pardews at-the-time apropos of nothing rant about agents a few weeks back.  Was probably putting up with cunts like this all summer.

So we have an agent's quote that Ba is allegedly unhappy (contradicted by his very positive tweet) and then now suddenly Ba has an attitude problem and should be shipped out at the first opportunity. Glad some of you are not running the club, you'd have no player left to play!

He does seem to move clubs fairly often.  His longest spell was at Hoffenheim but even there he was supposed to move to Stuttgart after two seasons but the move fell through.  Could be his agents are moving him around frequently to generate lots of juicy commissions and signing on fees.

Can you blame them...what with his imminent knee explosion and all

The bigger picture is what worries me. What happens if Pardew wants to leave him out again? Problems, that's what.

It players like this who Sir Alex would have shipped out at the first opportunity, not because he's talented but because nothing good can come from having attitudes like this in the squad.

I really like Demba Ba as a footballer, but I'm starting to think he's a bit of a cunt as a person. IF we can replace him, I'd get rid.

What worries me is that other players see this and think it's acceptable. What happens if he rests Cisse? Does his agent come out crying to the press?

Or, god forbid, Shola get's dropped.

I'll ask again, where is he saying that he is not happy?Any direct quotes?

He said it himself straight after the Everton game.... "I have no been too happy with some things that have been going on".

We all have no been too happy with some things that have been going on, but its like natural reaction surely? Id have been more surprised if he answered "yeah i was ecstatic to just be on the bench". Its something Pardew has to manage well but come on, barely the shocking expose many in the media have been acting it out to be...

Don't like this shit at all tbh. It's one game FFS, if he was stuck on the bench for a couple of months then yeah I could see why he'd be upset but this is nonsense.

Would be naive to think that Demba isn't fully aware what his agent is going to be saying by the way, Ba's not going to come out and say these things himself but the pressure is being put on Pardew to start him every game now, and centrally too.

Think we'll move him on in summer tbh. It'll be a pity to lose him as he's got a lot of quality but his fitness issues combined with a seemingly rather self-centred approach will make it easier to bare IMO. If we could replace him with a more versatile player (namely one who can play both up top and out left, allowing us the freedom to switch between systems without having worry about upsetting one of our players) it might be for the best long term.

This my thinking. Ideally he can be swapped for a more versatile forward next summer if this scenario carries on.

All of this is just utterly fucking ridiculous. Mountain out of a molehill doesn't even begin to describe it; all of this has been fabricated by his dickhead agent and the dickhead press who are begging for an NUFC scandal.

Ba said he was annoyed about some things that had happened. Then he played brilliantly and scored two goals. He was visibly buzzing. Then said he was proud as punch to get the 1000th goal, as well as saying what a 'legendary club' Newcastle was.

What has ensued is complete fucking bollocks. If we do end up losing him in the next two transfer windows, it'll be a prime example of 'exterior' factors forcing a player out. All of the coverage i've seen from the comments about 'wanting out' have been attributed to Ba himself - which is not only an exaggeration, but a plain lie. Ironic how they'll publish Tweets from his brother, a total nobody in the whole thing, yet fail to publish a positive comment from the player himself.

Fucking infuriating.

As of right now i'm not worried in the slightest tbh, just pissed off.

All of this is just utterly fucking ridiculous. Mountain out of a molehill doesn't even begin to describe it; all of this has been fabricated by his dickhead agent and the dickhead press begging for an NUFC scandal.

Ba said he was annoyed about some things that had happened. Then he scored two goals and was visibly buzzing. Then said he was proud as punch to get the 1000th goal, as well as saying what a 'legendary club' Newcastle was.

Complete fucking bollocks this. If we do end up losing him in the next two transfer windows, it'll be a prime example of 'exterior' factors forcing a player out.

As of right now i'm not worried in the slightest.

This. Ba's a big head and got an ego the size of a small planet, but that's also what makes him such a good striker. He can be pissed off as he wants if he's asked to play on the left but until some club decides he's worth £5m and a fat contract with his medical history he's going to have to get on with it.

All of this is just utterly f***ing ridiculous. Mountain out of a molehill doesn't even begin to describe it; all of this has been fabricated by his dickhead agent and the dickhead press who are begging for an NUFC scandal.

Ba said he was annoyed about some things that had happened. Then he played brilliantly and scored two goals. He was visibly buzzing. Then said he was proud as punch to get the 1000th goal, as well as saying what a 'legendary club' Newcastle was.

What has ensued is complete f***ing bollocks. If we do end up losing him in the next two transfer windows, it'll be a prime example of 'exterior' factors forcing a player out. All of the coverage i've seen from the comments about 'wanting out' have been attributed to Ba himself - which is not only an exaggeration, but a plain lie. Ironic how they'll publish Tweets from his brother, a total nobody in the whole thing, yet fail to publish a positive comment from the player himself.

f***ing infuriating.

As of right now i'm not worried in the slightest tbh, just p*ssed off.

I'm with you Yorkie, this is all been a load of crap that continues from the disgraceful negative press against our club and our players. s*** stirrers who love to unsettle our squad as much as they can.

Ba said after the match on Sky: "I was determined because, to be fair, lately, I was not so happy with some things that were going on, but after the bad comes the good and I can't wait to see the good coming."

Sounds like a man who was frustrated with his role (FINE b/c he would not have been frustrated if he would have scored a few of those chances that he missed or hit the post last season), and may sure be unhappy with being left on the bench or not being the main feature target in our starting 11 as it seems like Cisse has been (FINE again and his ego may have gotten the better of him, but Cisse's scoring form at the end of last season justified him being the focal point of our attack) and the part nobody in the press wants to pick up on...the after the bad, comes the good and being excited for the good to keep coming. Sounds like a man who just proved his point that he should be leading our attack and is reinvigorated at not only scoring for his own confidence, but for this club that he enjoys playing for.

s*** stirring press, just seriously f*** off!

or perhaps he feel unhappy because himself & some teammates wasn't playing good in few games early of season. He didn't say himself he was not happy playing on left forward. who knows what in his mind? basically anything that suggest he not happy playing for newcastle is based on assumptions from few fans

He said in the sky interview after more or less he was unhappy he didnt start. "For me i deserve to play & i hope the people who decide just saw it".

Thats normal for a striker though. No idea why some are already talking of us moving him on due to quotes from his agent, the seasons only just begun. Some people get so carried away with singular situations. Itll likely be forgotten about in a few weeks.

All of this is just utterly f***ing ridiculous. Mountain out of a molehill doesn't even begin to describe it; all of this has been fabricated by his dickhead agent and the dickhead press who are begging for an NUFC scandal.

What has ensued is complete f***ing bollocks. If we do end up losing him in the next two transfer windows, it'll be a prime example of 'exterior' factors forcing a player out. All of the coverage i've seen from the comments about 'wanting out' have been attributed to Ba himself - which is not only an exaggeration, but a plain lie. Ironic how they'll publish Tweets from his brother, a total nobody in the whole thing, yet fail to publish a positive comment from the player himself.

f***ing infuriating.

As of right now i'm not worried in the slightest tbh, just p*ssed off.

Spot on Yorkie. The sad thing is that some of us are already ready to throw him under the bus for the slightest expression of unhappiness even if he follows it up by praising the club. Perhaps some prefer the usual cliche where football players only say good things, never mind how bullshit it is. I see no reason for him wanting to leave us and even less reason for us to sell him/swap with a more versatile player or/and crap like that

What irritates me is that for the clubs in and around where we want to be, and certainly those in europe, rotate their strikers, switch lineups and it's accepted with the odd whinge. We ask Ba to move out wide or bench him for a game and his agent is getting involved threatening he'll move.

What irritates me is that for the clubs in and around where we want to be, and certainly those in europe, rotate their strikers, switch lineups and it's accepted with the odd whinge. We ask Ba to move out wide or bench him for a game and his agent is getting involved threatening he'll move.

Aye, exactly the kind of thing pardew was talking about with regards to agents trying to turn players heads. I think we have little to much to worry about though, because Ba himself seems happy.

Tiresome and blown out of all proportion, but there again the media vultures need their copy and any slight whiff of unrest will have them salivating.

Far better concentrate on.....let's say.....James Perch, who comes in and out of the team, depending on available personnel, plays in whatever position he's asked to, smiles and normally turns in a storming performance. Nah, wouldn't make a good story would it?