Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Seeing as many people are making wild hypotheses based on fragments of information, I thought I might get on board: Pardew wants shot of Ba.

* Not because he is a bad player, because he clearly is a good player who is banging in all of our goals.

* Not because he wants to make money for Ashley, because 3.75m is copper coins these days, and a replacement will cost 2-3 times that.

* Not because he thinks his knees will give out, because I have no doubt that there is either insurance or a get-out clause in case of a career-ending injury.

* I believe Pardew wants rid of Ba because he likes Cisse (as a player) better, and has come to realise what many of us can see: that Ba and Cisse don't work.

* I believe Pardew wants rid of Ba because Ba's incentivised contract is proving detrimental to the team: at the start of 2011-12 he was banging them in and all was well. When Cisse came, Ba stopped scoring, got the strop, extracted a promise from Pardew to play in the middle in the summer and the team has suffered since.

* I believe Pardew wants rid of Ba because he has done a simple cost-benefit equation and decided Ba out the door is better than Ba in the squad - he can buy a striker who better fits the balance of the team and he removes the media circus (and I agree Pardew is actively fueling this, but not him alone)

* I believe Ashley/Llambias want rid of Ba because that incentivised contract with assorted clauses is an anathema to their concept of how contracts and transfers should work

Maybe...

i think you're spot on personally.

If Pardew wants rid of Ba why doesn't he just not play him? :lol:

Reiterating that this is a wild hypothesis based on fragments of fact: Pardew plays him despite wanting rid because as much as it impacts on the team and its performance as a whole, playing Obertan or Ameobi would have a greater negative impact.

If we were playing as badly as we are right now with Ba sitting on the bench and Ameobi stumbling around, the fans would hang Pardew from the Gallowgate goal!

Agree with Raconteur. I would personally just get shot of him really. There is no denying what a great player he is but as long as we have Ba, Cisse will always have to play on the right. I don't understand the point of playing an out and out striker on the wing really. It has been proven that Ba and Cisse don't work together. They are too similar players. I think selling Ba will free the club of all of this contract debacle and I also believe it will free Cisse and allow him to play his game. I prefer Cisse as a person and a player to be honest. He has proven he can score and he is a lot less selfish than Ba. I think Ba is the sort of player that will kick up a fuss when things go wrong - which he/his agents have done.

So whilst I will be disappointed to lose such a great player, as long as we get a good replacement, I don't think it will be the end of the world as hopefully it will allow Cisse to step up again. We will also be without Ba's agent which would be great  :D

Guest bluegeordie

Seeing as many people are making wild hypotheses based on fragments of information, I thought I might get on board: Pardew wants shot of Ba.

* Not because he is a bad player, because he clearly is a good player who is banging in all of our goals.

* Not because he wants to make money for Ashley, because 3.75m is copper coins these days, and a replacement will cost 2-3 times that.

* Not because he thinks his knees will give out, because I have no doubt that there is either insurance or a get-out clause in case of a career-ending injury.

* I believe Pardew wants rid of Ba because he likes Cisse (as a player) better, and has come to realise what many of us can see: that Ba and Cisse don't work.

* I believe Pardew wants rid of Ba because Ba's incentivised contract is proving detrimental to the team: at the start of 2011-12 he was banging them in and all was well. When Cisse came, Ba stopped scoring, got the strop, extracted a promise from Pardew to play in the middle in the summer and the team has suffered since.

* I believe Pardew wants rid of Ba because he has done a simple cost-benefit equation and decided Ba out the door is better than Ba in the squad - he can buy a striker who better fits the balance of the team and he removes the media circus (and I agree Pardew is actively fueling this, but not him alone)

* I believe Ashley/Llambias want rid of Ba because that incentivised contract with assorted clauses is an anathema to their concept of how contracts and transfers should work

Maybe...

A really interesting post imo, which I hope is right, for two main reasons.

Firstly, because I actually agree with the reasoning (and NUFC_Sam's too), even if, on the face of it, it seems counterintuitive to be willing to see your top goalscorer leave the club for a pittance.

And secondly, because even if it is a crazy idea, at least it would stop me thinking of this scene every time I ponder Pardew's vision for the team:

Guest bimpy474

Don't know if it's true or not but somebody said Pardew was telling Ba to keep taking them.

Well that would sum up Pardew with set penises then wouldn't it.

Don't know if it's true or not but somebody said Pardew was telling Ba to keep taking them.

Aye, there was one in the first half where Anita walked up to Ba, they had a chat, Ba walked away, Pardew shouted something over and Ba went back and took the freekick.