Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Why did he volunteer the information himself for no reason back in September?  Here's the quotes (after the Everton game)...

'I have spoken to Demba (about his agent) and told him I was disappointed with some of the comments around him,' said Pardew. 'Sometimes it's out of his control and out of my control.

'But we know each other well enough, and I've got no problems with him, because he is a team player who wants to do his best for the team. He has always been like that. The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That's where we are. It's still open in the next window.

'I just think the agent stuff was people saying things they shouldn't say, really. It doesn't really affect myself and Demba, because we've got a very good relationship.

Completely out of context and unprompted after we'd all thought it was over 6 weeks before that. Wonder why  :whistle:

The important thing to remember is not to blame the club for having failed to resolve this farcical situation and having inserted said clause in the first place. Pardew is trying to pass the buck and rightfully so as it's nowt to do with him as he isn't responsible for the clause or Ba's contract still having it in. Nor will he be too blame if he's sold.

Still a fucking tiresome situation though, my thinking is that the club want rid hence contract negotiations going nowhere but Pardew is quite keen to keep.

The fact he mentions the clause so often suggests to me he wants rid of Ba. If that is the case there must be behind the scenes reasons that we don't know about.

Probably something like this....club would be happy to move him on before he gets pas 28 so they can get the 7.5m....his dodgy knee is going to put people off after he passes 28.

That doesn't mean they have a decent replacement lined up though....they don't think past the immediate cash grab..

Situation is made very difficult with the fact, Ba isn't desperate to leave.

He's looking for the right move/a big payday but would happily re-evaluate his options in 12-18 months. The club would much rather he leave or sign a proper contract.

Pard's isn't in control of transfers so whatever he does in the press is just desperate. He just wants to be given the best squad possible and atm he must reckon Remy in - Ba out for 7.5m would happen and be a decent deal as he knows if Ba leaves in summer '14 there might not be a cash-bought replacement. Realistically Ba could score 50 goals in that time.

The fact he mentions the clause so often suggests to me he wants rid of Ba. If that is the case there must be behind the scenes reasons that we don't know about.

Probably something like this....club would be happy to move him on before he gets pas 28 so they can get the 7.5m....his dodgy knee is going to put people off after he passes 28.

That doesn't mean they have a decent replacement lined up though....they don't think past the immediate cash grab..

He & the club want Ba to sign or leave. It's that simple. They're all gambling men and they have a weak hand. Keeping it in the public may encourage Ba to sign or entice someone to buy. They know they're only 18 months away from letting him go for free.

From memory it was reported Ba's clause expired in the summer gone, everyone was going with this, Ba camp quiet, media thinking it was all over and a day or so later Pardew comes out and said it's still there. Why? Why not deny it, lie (he's good at that) or use his charms to change the subject.

He's a thick s*** that's why.

So the club can cash in on him while he's in good form?

We did it with Carroll.

NEWCASTLE will bank just £5million when top scorer Demba Ba leaves next month.

Ba has a clause in his contract stating he can go if a club offer £7.5m — but SunSport understands £2.5m of that will go to the player himself.

That leaves Toon boss Alan Pardew with virtually nothing to spend on a top-class replacement.

Full story

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4715413/Demba-Ba-to-pocket-25m-pay-off-if-he-leaves-Newcastle-next-month.html

Pardew seems to talk about this clause a ridiculous amount. I don't understand.

Can't quite get my head around it myself. The only logical reason I can come to is that he wants rid of him.

"Rid" may be slightly strong but my feeling is that Pardew wouldn't be unhappy with Remy in and Ba out.

Pardew seems to talk about this clause a ridiculous amount. I don't understand.

Can't quite get my head around it myself. The only logical reason I can come to is that he wants rid of him.

"Rid" may be slightly strong but my feeling is that Pardew wouldn't be unhappy with Remy in and Ba out.

Well if it's either Ba with this clause in his contract or Remy without it, I probably agree.  He's basically said we'll either get him on a release-clause free contract in the summer or get rid, which I can't really argue with.

Arsene Wenger rules out Arsenal bid for Newcastle United striker ...

Telegraph.co.uk-51 minutes ago

Arsene Wenger rules out Arsenal bid for Newcastle United striker Demba Ba in ... "I wouldn't like to put Newcastle or us or him in an uncomfortable position.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9768853/Arsene-Wenger-rules-out-Arsenal-bid-for-Newcastle-United-striker-Demba-Ba-in-January-transfer-window.html

Arsene Wenger rules out Arsenal bid for Newcastle United striker ...

Telegraph.co.uk-51 minutes ago

Arsene Wenger rules out Arsenal bid for Newcastle United striker Demba Ba in ... "I wouldn't like to put Newcastle or us or him in an uncomfortable position.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9768853/Arsene-Wenger-rules-out-Arsenal-bid-for-Newcastle-United-striker-Demba-Ba-in-January-transfer-window.html

Take note 'arry.

Probably Giggs but his full quotes from yesterday:

“I think this is the last window that this will roll on.”

“In the summer, I will cut our losses with Demba. We’ll enforce a move if he doesn’t commit to the club. Or we will get a replacement.”

“I don’t think it’s healthy. At the time, the contract made sense for everybody, but now it doesn’t make sense.

“Therefore, I think it will be resolved in this window.”

“I don’t see in him any desire to go – regardless of all the media."

“But with our fans here, I think he’ll find it difficult to find a better home to be honest."

“We gave him the opportunity, and he’s scored goals here."

“I think he enjoys it here, and I want him to stay."

“But it’s out of my hands – there’s nothing I can do about it at this stage. The ball is completely in Demba’s court.”

Probably Giggs but his full quotes from yesterday:

“I think this is the last window that this will roll on.”

“In the summer, I will cut our losses with Demba. We’ll enforce a move if he doesn’t commit to the club. Or we will get a replacement.”

“I don’t think it’s healthy. At the time, the contract made sense for everybody, but now it doesn’t make sense.

“Therefore, I think it will be resolved in this window.”

“I don’t see in him any desire to go – regardless of all the media."

“But with our fans here, I think he’ll find it difficult to find a better home to be honest."

“We gave him the opportunity, and he’s scored goals here."

“I think he enjoys it here, and I want him to stay."

“But it’s out of my hands – there’s nothing I can do about it at this stage. The ball is completely in Demba’s court.”

Yup, still struggling to see that the only logical conclusion to him talking about the Demba Claus, is that he wants rid.

He clearly doesn't imho.

Guest Eggenberger

I usually just lurk, just wanted to chip in on the whole Ba saga..

Im gutted that he has had his head turned, however if we really cannot offer more than what he is currently on, then this will be just a footnote in history in the wake of numerous excellent fotballers who eventually grow too big for their current club.

Not many strikers can deliver 20 goals a season and as such their stock and consequently how much they feel they deserve to get paid increase..

Im gutted that he wants off but if he can make twice what he does here playing for another club then most of us I suspect would change jobs too.

Rather than venting our anger at Ba we should reflect on why the club doesnt feel he is worth 70.000 a week.

Might be more of a risk than we make it out to be to replace a proven PL goalscorer with a french benchwarmer and even suggest it would be an upgrade.

Ba is a magnificent striker imo, one of the very best we have had.

To me, he is a more complete forward than Cisse. Given the choice who to keep, its Demba for me.

I usually just lurk, just wanted to chip in on the whole Ba saga..

Im gutted that he has had his head turned, however if we really cannot offer more than what he is currently on, then this will be just a footnote in history in the wake of numerous excellent fotballers who eventually grow too big for their current club.

Not many strikers can deliver 20 goals a season and as such their stock and consequently how much they feel they deserve to get paid increase..

Im gutted that he wants off but if he can make twice what he does here playing for another club then most of us I suspect would change jobs too.

Rather than venting our anger at Ba we should reflect on why the club doesnt feel he is worth 70.000 a week.

Might be more of a risk than we make it out to be to replace a proven PL goalscorer with a french benchwarmer and even suggest it would be an upgrade.

Ba is a magnificent striker imo, one of the very best we have had.

To me, he is a more complete forward than Cisse. Given the choice who to keep, its Demba for me.

Had his head turned? :lol:

What people seem to not understand is Remy would not be replacing Ba.... Ba's replacement is already here in Cisse.

I'd imagine Remy would be brought in to add pace,trickery and balance to our attack.

But he would not be a replacement for Ba as he is already here but another option in attack and to help flank Cisse along with Hatem but i don't see him replacing Ba the roles of the two will be drastically different imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What people seem to not understand is Remy would not be replacing Ba.... Ba's replacement is already here in Cisse.

I'd imagine Remy would be brought in to add pace,trickery and balance to our attack.

But he would not be a replacement for Ba as he is already here but another option in attack and to help flank Cisse along with Hatem but i don't see him replacing Ba the roles of the two will be drastically different imo.

Cisse

Remy

Shola

HBA

Campbell

Ranger

Has far more balance to it

Yes it does i would still look to purchase another winger in the summer mind.

Unless Obertan magically reaches a level where he's reliable :lol:

straight into first XI or as a squad player/sub option ?

Squad rotation option as outside of Marveaux who i consider more of an AM anyway the back up options are not exactly brilliant.. and thats being very kind.