Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Who actually wants him gone then? All i have said or try to say is that i dont feel he would be as missed or hard to replace as some make out...

In reality id love him to sign a new deal with no clause but that seems unlikely.

Just look at the top scorer table, no doubt he would be easily replaced and for the £7m, or £3.5m we will apparently get for him.

Who actually wants him gone then? All i have said or try to say is that i dont feel he would be as missed or hard to replace as some make out...

In reality id love him to sign a new deal with no clause but that seems unlikely.

Not me.

Guest neesy111

He was brilliant tonight, classic Ba performance. Strong as an ox and scored two.

One of the best strikers in the league.

His goal record last 2 1/2 years proves that.

Just look at the top scorer table, no doubt he would be easily replaced and for the £7m, or £3.5m we will apparently get for him.

Im implying that my belief is that cisse would be his replacement goalscoring wise and we would get players to maximise his scoring potential.

I don't think we would be any worse off as Ba and Cisse cant seem to perform as a partnership anyway.

The release clause thing isn't as simple as it looks really. If it was the case of a club meeting the £7/7.5 million fee then Ba would have almost certainly been gone during the summer. I don't see how things would be any different next month (that is unless another club is willing to pay him silly money and is confident of looking after that knee). The only thing that's changed is that Ba's attitude towards leaving - it seems to me he's more open to a move now than during the summer.

So we are hoping that Cisse finds that form again instantly and we only really need one out and out striker while selling the joint second highest scoring in the league for half or even a quarter (depending on what quote you read) than Steven Fletcher cost.

Sorry I don't buy this idea.

So we are hoping that Cisse finds that form again instantly and we only really need one out and out striker while selling the joint second highest scoring in the league for half or even a quarter (depending on what quote you read) than Steven Fletcher cost.

I think that people are just looking for any potential positives if he does go and we can bring in a replacement that can fill a void in an attacking sense.

Of course Ba would be a huge miss if he goes that is without question. I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to expect Cisse to regain form if he becomes the focal point of our recently improved play in possession.

Ba will be a huge loss if he goes mind and I think we all hope that we can get him tied down to a new deal as it will send out a positive message to us fans, our own players and potentially some of our transfer targets.

I think that people are just looking for any potential positives if he does go and we can bring in a replacement that can fill a void in an attacking sense.

Of course Ba would be a miss if he goes that is without question. I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to expect Cisse to regain form if he becomes the focal point of our recently improved play in possession.

Ba will be a huge loss if he goes mind and I think we all hope that we can get him tied down to a new deal as it will send out a positive message to us fans, our own players and potentially some of our transfer targets.

:thup:

Guest tollemache

The actual cost of signing him will be a lot more than £7.5m because you can bet he'll have negotiated nice fat fees for himself and his agent into that. Add his knee to the mix and I can see there being a surprising lack of interest. Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are too big for him, don't particularly need a player like him and would go for players of the calibre of Falcao if they did bring in another first team striker. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs might feel half-tempted but for the [considerably more than £7.5m] he'd undoubtedly cost, they can bring in someone really very good who might not necessarily fail a medical with flying colours.

The actual cost of signing him will be a lot more than £7.5m because you can bet he'll have negotiated nice fat fees for himself and his agent into that. Add his knee to the mix and I can see there being a surprising lack of interest. Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are too big for him, don't particularly need a player like him and would go for players of the calibre of Falcao if they did bring in another first team striker. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs might feel half-tempted but for the [considerably more than £7.5m] he'd undoubtedly cost, they can bring in someone really very good who might not necessarily fail a medical with flying colours.

I have to agree with you. It's unfortunate that Ba himself doesn't realise this though.