Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If anyone thinks Pardew talking about the release clause is the only reason it's in the papers I would suggest they have a poor understanding of how the UK press operates - there's literally nothing he could say or not say that would make them keep their fucking noses out.

At least if he answers questions openly he can to some extent control the information and make sure they don't start wildly speculating instead: "Ba contract has strawberry syrup clause - boss Pardew refuses to comment!!!!"

you sure ? seems like everyone is claiming it should be a secret.

You seem to be making a case that it would have got out anyway, nobody seems to be denying that it could have got out via agents.  The only thing we know for sure is that it did get out, how it got out, who gave it to the press and who seems to constantly talk about it to the press.

Guest malandro

Ba has done nothing wrong. He signed a contract with a buy out clause and is free to consider a better deal if one comes along. AP can't force him to stay and he can't force him to leave. Publicly threatening to move him on in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract is plain stupid.

I'm sick of AP prattling on as if the club had nowt to do with Ba's contract. This is what happens when you work for a club that does things on the cheap - if you don't like it resign.

From memory it was reported Ba's clause expired in the summer gone, everyone was going with this, Ba camp quiet, media thinking it was all over and a day or so later Pardew comes out and said it's still there. Why? Why not deny it, lie (he's good at that) or use his charms to change the subject.

He's a thick s*** that's why.

originally no-one had heard anything till redknapp mentioned it, my guess is that more knew about it, same way we knew about his clause from west ham. it's more than a little naive to think had pardew not mentioned the january clause then no one in the footballing circles would have been any the wiser about it.

does anyone really think that these are secret clauses ?

I'm not talking about the original comments from saggy face, I'm talking about last summer when he had the chance to leave it behind and get on with it, he chose not too and has kept bringing it up at every opportunity since.

Its even more naive to think Pardew hasn't been doing his very best to tout him about since the summer, he's doing a better job than his agent. Maybe someone else is due a cut of the sale? Maybe he just wants to start Cisse upfront and play 451? Whatever his motives are Pardew wants Ba gone, if he didn't he'd have left all talk of the clause out of his speeches to the media protecting the clause.

Funnily enough no one has come out to say exactly what the clause is, so the none secretive clause were talking about, not one single person in football that the media can get a hold of has given a definitive answer. Pardew is the closest to spilling the beans, that says it all for me.

i wasn't talking about those coments in isolation but using them as an example that just because we, the fans, don't know from day one about such clauses doesn't mean they aren't common knowledge to the football world.

also if he wanted to play 4-5-1 whats to stop him doing regardless of ba being there or not ?

you sure ? seems like everyone is claiming it should be a secret.

You seem to be making a case that it would have got out anyway, nobody seems to be denying that it could have got out via agents.  The only thing we know for sure is that it did get out, how it got out, who gave it to the press and who seems to constantly talk about it to the press.

how it got out in the summer, and i'm guessing many knew aprt from redknapp, would probably be the same that would have told the footballing world even before pardew said anything about january.

probably the same sort of source who told about ba's clause at west ham and cabayes. my guess, and it's only a guess, is that these clauses are well known in football management circles.

Absolutely convinced he is trying to sell him on...

On one hand i get the rationale.... Rid the club of all the bullocks that surrounds him and get someone on less wages that will make the attack more fluid and balanced....

On the other hand he's a proven goalscorer who is just all round been fantastic since joining...

Either way i dont see him being here come feb 1st i just hope hes replaced properly.

This Ba saga is rather upsetting. On one hand, I absolutely love what he's done at his time here and still cling on that he and Cisse will form the greatest strike partnership we've had since the Shearer/Bellers days and obviously the Al/Ferd/Beardo/Cole prior to that. On the other hand, If we are offering him a good deal to stay here, and he won't accept- then he can rightly piss off to another club.

On one hand i get the rationale.... Rid the club of all the bullocks that surrounds him and get someone on less wages that will make the attack more fluid and balanced....

:lol:

was referring to all the agent crap... It reminds me of anelka sometimes his agents are a poison and should be rid of.

Th situation needs to be resolved this window as this constant 'will he, won't he' impasse isn't helpful at all. I realise it's stating the obvious but if he wants away then let him go and replace him. Footballers move from club to club regularly and Ba, whilst being a very good striker, is just another bloke who has worn the shirt and will move on eventually. We'll miss his goals when it happens but this constant speculation every window helps no-one. It would create a problem if/when he leaves but, oddly enough, could also solve a different problem simultaneously.

Sign a new deal or pack your bags. Not that arsed about which one he chooses any more, the saga has ground me down into a state of apathy. 

Can't see anyone taking a punt on Ba with all the possible agent fees and huge wages. By next summer he will only have a year left and any interested clubs will be even less likely to buy him when they can sit tight for 12 months and use any transfer fee to offset his agent's demands and his astronomical wages.

If Ba wants to sit his contract out there is fuck all Pardew can do about it which makes his comments about moving him on even more stupid. The hierarchy can see all this coming so they have wheeled out good old AP to stoke up a bit if interest.

Th situation needs to be resolved this window as this constant 'will he, won't he' impasse isn't helpful at all. I realise it's stating the obvious but if he wants away then let him go and replace him. Footballers move from club to club regularly and Ba, whilst being a very good striker, is just another bloke who has worn the shirt and will move on eventually. We'll miss his goals when it happens but this constant speculation every window helps no-one. It would create a problem if/when he leaves but, oddly enough, could also solve a different problem simultaneously.

Sign a new deal or pack your bags. Not that arsed about which one he chooses any more, the saga has ground me down into a state of apathy. 

yep

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bontempi WTF is that?

He looks like bubba from forrest gump, nothing racist in the slightest.

But I will remove if people think so

If that's racist f*** me most of the lookalike thread needs deleting

Ba has done nothing wrong. He signed a contract with a buy out clause and is free to consider a better deal if one comes along. AP can't force him to stay and he can't force him to leave. Publicly threatening to move him on in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract is plain stupid.

I'm sick of AP prattling on as if the club had nowt to do with Ba's contract. This is what happens when you work for a club that does things on the cheap - if you don't like it resign.

I get the feeling that we need to sell Ba or someone else (Marveaux?) in order to sign Loic Remy. Which is why I expect Ba will still be here come February. He's not that desperate to leave.

Can I just suggest again, professional football clubs won't be doing multimillion pounds deals based on what's the back page story in the sun :lol:

Pardew is obviously mentioning this clause to try and fend off the shite he will get from the fans if Ba does leave.

By talking about the clause he isn't inviting offers, those who would want to know will have very quick contact with those who can tell them (his representatives). Can't believe how such nonsense is suggested as fact some times.

Can I just suggest again, professional football clubs won't be doing multimillion pounds deals based on what's the back page story in the sun :lol:

Pardew is obviously mentioning this clause to try and fend off the shite he will get from the fans if Ba does leave.

By talking about the clause he isn't inviting offers, those who would want to know will have very quick contact with those who can tell them (his representatives). Can't believe how such nonsense is suggested as fact some times.

Why say anything at all about Ba's contract since it's not his domain? I doubt Pardew would be blamed if we sold him if he just kept his mouth shut.