Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I'd much rather have Cisse here than Ba. Cisse works harder for the team and i cant see him wetting his knickers if he is asked to play out wide now and again. I think he's a better finisher than Ba (as long as he doesn't have too much time to think about it!), has much more stamina and doesnt seem to have a gaggle of agents and hangers on. Those goals he scored earlier this year were not flukes - he just needs to be playing centrally and the ball supplied to him. I cant understand people preferring to keep Ba over Cisse, if it came to it.

What people seem to not understand is Remy would not be replacing Ba.... Ba's replacement is already here in Cisse.

I'd imagine Remy would be brought in to add pace,trickery and balance to our attack.

But he would not be a replacement for Ba as he is already here but another option in attack and to help flank Cisse along with Hatem but i don't see him replacing Ba the roles of the two will be drastically different imo.

Cisse

Remy

Shola

HBA

Campbell

Ranger

Has far more balance to it

But less goals

Tbf goals become a bit of an irrelevance when only one man is scoring at one time id understand if ba and cisse were both scoring but they never have.. Cisse can replace those goals.

Remy would hopefully bring balance,versatility and pace among other things....

I'm not convinced Ba will be as missed as much his record suggest... Im more concerned by the ineptitude of the board rather than the options available to replace him.

I'm greedy for attacking football though, sign the right C's and go 3 at the back

----Tayls------Colo---------Douglas

----------Tiote---------Anita

---Benny------Cabaye------Reimy---

----------Cisse----------Ba

:lol: that would never happen under ashley unfortunatly...

For what its worth i agree but theres 2 outcomes here......

Ba stays and signs a new contract or Ba leaves and preferably Remy comes in....

Im ok with both scenarios and believe both can lead to success but i just want the situation resolved one way or the other...

It cant be good for player,manager or team mates tbh all this constant uncertainty.

The third scenario, as all the naysayers remind us constantly, is that Ba leaves and is not replaced at all...

he will b replaced by cisse in the middle, who will find form, and the team will have a better balance/ team ethic. 

we will be fine.

I don't think Ba is really pushed.

He's exceeded expectations massively, he's looking for a pay rise that - looking at other strikers in the league who score similar amounts of goals - isn't beyond reasonable. However, the figures being quoted are figures we're never going to be able to determine whether they're accurate or not. Therefore, I reserve judgement on Ba's actual demands in relation to what we are prepared to offer him.

But in my eyes, a player signing for a club, exceeding expectation to the degree that he has, is entiteled to a better contract. I also fully appreciate and agree with our financial structure in terms of wages. I just don't think Ba's ability and the sort of wages that comes with it is in line with what we can offer at this moment; hence the situation where him leaving might solve more issues than him staying.

Pardews comments on Cisse about how him playing wide right will only benefit him when he moves back into the striker role were interesting.

Not really. Cisse wont play out wide when Ben Arfa is back.

So back to 4-4-2 then ?

I don't think Ba is really pushed.

He's exceeded expectations massively, he's looking for a pay rise that - looking at other strikers in the league who score similar amounts of goals - isn't beyond reasonable. However, the figures being quoted are figures we're never going to be able to determine whether they're accurate or not. Therefore, I reserve judgement on Ba's actual demands in relation to what we are prepared to offer him.

But in my eyes, a player signing for a club, exceeding expectation to the degree that he has, is entiteled to a better contract. I also fully appreciate and agree with our financial structure in terms of wages. I just don't think Ba's ability and the sort of wages that comes with it is in line with what we can offer at this moment; hence the situation where him leaving might solve more issues than him staying.

The wages quoted are the sort of wages top 4 clubs pay and we can't really afford that. Whether they are true or not is another question and if we want to get back to fighting out for that sort of position we will need that sort of player.

Catch 22.

If he's being pushed out, then Pardew musn't have got that memo because he's done everything he can in the last few months to keep Ba in and happy (playing him in the centre, keeping him on the pitch for 90 mins and never subbing him, taking the freekicks etc.)

I think it's just a mixture of his 'advisors' whoring him out for a better deal at a club willing to pay silly wages, and our unpopular strict wage structure. Nobody is pushing anyone out IMO.

Ba will be a huge miss for us when he does go, wouldn't be too confident of any striker coming in (that we can reasonably attract within our budget) and emulating his goalscoring for us.

Ideally would like him to stay, while also adding someone like Remy into the team. Think it would be a great sign of intent that we actually want to qualify for Europe regularly, and want to keep the better players at this club by adding players of a similar standard.

If we do lose Ba, got a feeling we'll have to wait until the summer for our striking replacement.