Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I wouldn't play him against Everton on Wednesday.

He looks to have put himself into a corner similar to what Clint Dempsey did.

I can only think on Liverpool domestically who will look to give him what is offered.

@PeteGravesSky #cfc will have discovered what many knew already. The 7.5m buyout clause is merely the tip of the iceBArg. #nufc

@CaulkinTheTimes: Ba isn't bargain he appears: £7.5m fee + agent fees + 80k weekly + 4yr deal (what he has asked from #Nufc) & unlikely to pass medical.

@PeteGravesSky #cfc will have discovered what many knew already. The 7.5m buyout clause is merely the tip of the iceBArg. #nufc

@CaulkinTheTimes: Ba isn't bargain he appears: £7.5m fee + agent fees + 80k weekly + 4yr deal (what he has asked from #Nufc) & unlikely to pass medical.

:lol: :lol:

Well if Chelsea aren't willing to pay what he wants and QPR are beneath him it looks like he may have to start lowering his expectations. And with us not needing to pay 7.5m and agents fees, we could probably afford a better deal for him than most mid table clubs.

Well if Chelsea aren't willing to pay what he wants and QPR are beneath him it looks like he may have to start lowering his expectations. And with us not needing to pay 7.5m and agents fees, we could probably afford a better deal for him than most mid table clubs.

At this point i'd rather he just pissed off tbh.

Maybe he wanted a guarantee that he'd be playing down the middle instead of Torres.

That might not be a joke.

Hmm... If even Chelsea can't strike a deal, we're lumbered with him. And that's the way I feel now.

This is like on FM where the agent asks for the deal to be put together before talks can commence

First Team (lock)

80K a week (lock)

3 year contract (lock)

£2.5m agent fees (lock)

£2m loyalty bonus (lock)

"We are way off in our negotiations and I see no reason for talks to proceed"

:yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao:

This is what I was telling people would happen all summer. A 7.5 million transfer will cost the buyer at least 20 million because of agent and insurance fees. A bargain suddenly looks a serious risky punt.

This is why he has clauses in his contract,  but ultimately is only good value on a free.

He is a great player, but a mercenary one.

Can't imagine our lot reacting well to him at Everton or the foreseeable future! Although I think he's great he does appear to be a poison on the club- constant speculation, mercenary goals and agents/reps who will stop at nothing to get another pay day. Might be a shame if he doesnt end up leaving.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm kind of disappointed he isn't going now.

Your disappointment will be countered by HTTs joy

Hope he gets what he deserves!

Greedy f***ing whore

Don't want him back

Bridges burned

eh nothing has changed since the summer,  his agents have been whoring all over Europe but he's still performing and scoring on the pitch.  If he's still a NUFC player then play him.

Frankly disappointing and a worry....if Chelsea  won't do the deal, who will ?

Hard to see this being resolved to anyone's satisfaction if his agents etc don't trim their cut drastically because the insurance is always going to be high in his case.

Main problem for NUFC is if he starts sulking because nothing happens and then we have an unhappy and unproductive player on our hands. So far,he has not let his wish to move affect his game too much but that could change.

In any event we would have to wait until his contract ends to replace him because we have more pressing needs in defence and Ashley won't spend on forwards unless they are priced competitively if he isn't getting money from the Ba transfer.