Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I'm probably very late to the party but I've just read Ba's quotes on NUFC.com

"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.

"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision making is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one.

"I am also happy to be back in London. It means everything to be here. I think I will not live far from the training ground. I am a city boy, but I have two kids and a wife, and it is different.

"In two years now in the Premier League I have learned a lot and I keep learning. I just want to keep playing football and trying to score goals. I try to be strong mentally. This is a big part of the success of someone. If you are strong mentally then you have good chances to succeed.

"Yesterday I was looking back and smiling to myself, saying "Yes, I've done it." I feel very proud, not only for me but the people who supported me over the years - my agent for instance who has been there since I was 15, my mum as well because when I skipped school she was afraid but today I am very proud for my family.

"I never lost belief in my football though, never. You keep working and things come. Rewards always come.

"This club is at another level, it isn't West Ham or Newcastle. They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare. It will be easier with world-class players around, who make the football look so easy."

Thanks for the goals Ba but I can't exactly say I wish you well.

This could easily prove to be Rafa Benitez RvP transfer. Two goals in his debut....

Fuck Mike Ashley's wage policy... when you have a proven goal-scorer like Demba Ba in your side, you should pay up to keep them, not letting them go for peanuts.... :rant:

To be fair i really can't blame him for going to Chelsea. i blame us for putting that stupid clause there in the first place.

but we wouldn't have got him otherwise, so in a way i'm pleased we agreed to it

Didn't even do the customary kissing the ground celebration on either goal it seems.

Probably heard the Chelsea fans shouting 'Sieg Heil' and decided against it.

That and priorities have changed now. Him and his entourage will be frothing at the mouth this evening :lol:

I'm probably very late to the party but I've just read Ba's quotes on NUFC.com

"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.

"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision making is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one.

"I am also happy to be back in London. It means everything to be here. I think I will not live far from the training ground. I am a city boy, but I have two kids and a wife, and it is different.

"In two years now in the Premier League I have learned a lot and I keep learning. I just want to keep playing football and trying to score goals. I try to be strong mentally. This is a big part of the success of someone. If you are strong mentally then you have good chances to succeed.

"Yesterday I was looking back and smiling to myself, saying "Yes, I've done it." I feel very proud, not only for me but the people who supported me over the years - my agent for instance who has been there since I was 15, my mum as well because when I skipped school she was afraid but today I am very proud for my family.

"I never lost belief in my football though, never. You keep working and things come. Rewards always come.

"This club is at another level, it isn't West Ham or Newcastle. They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare. It will be easier with world-class players around, who make the football look so easy."

Thanks for the goals Ba but I can't exactly say I wish you well.

:thup: Wish him less well than I have done a departing player for quite a while.

Guest hatem garrincha

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Could hardly go any better. So happy to play in this club with world class players... Al hamdulilah :-)

:tickedoff:

It's really winding me up this tbh.

This. Was well ambivalent towards it given the fact the clause was there and all, then the quotes started coming.

:thup: "It's so great playing with world class players" mere days after leaving a sinking ship, a ship that's arguably (fucking definitely IMO) sinking because we acted like a shop window for him with his release clause for 5 months.  The situation fucking stinks, I accept that it's more the fault of Pardew and perhaps those higher up that things became this way, but Ba's behaviour since he left is taking the piss IMO.  I'll boo the fuck out of him every time he plays against us, he's an arsehole.

Honestly, when that has happened with us and one of our players in the recent past, I've just excommunicated the club in question from football existence. So, basically, Man City and Man United.

I don't watch any of their matches, I don't pay any attention to their results, and I actively turn the television off when they come on. All because I know it'll make me miserable.

I've genuinely not seen a second of a James Milner game for Man City, ever (unless they're playing us, obvs).

It makes it much easier to handle.