Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

"It was difficult for me to convince the coach and it took a long time but I've been putting a run of games together."

These sort of quotes really worry me. Loads of us could see what a tidy player Marveuax was from a few minutes last season.

To be fair just about every quote about or from Pardew seems to worry you.. :lol: I don't think his handling of Marveaux has been so bad, giving him plenty of time to get back to match fitness after a number of serious injuries. We were all frustrated when he seemed to do the same with Hatem last season, yet was complimented later by the player for his handling of the affair.

He's fantastic on the ball and can spot a pass and make it brilliantly, I just wonder if he works hard enough for Pardew. If it was a straight choice between Marveaux and Gutierrez I think I know who'd be picked.

"It was difficult for me to convince the coach and it took a long time but I've been putting a run of games together."

These sort of quotes really worry me. Loads of us could see what a tidy player Marveuax was from a few minutes last season.

To be fair just about every quote about or from Pardew seems to worry you.. :lol: I don't think his handling of Marveaux has been so bad, giving him plenty of time to get back to match fitness after a number of serious injuries. We were all frustrated when he seemed to do the same with Hatem last season, yet was complimented later by the player for his handling of the affair.

Nothing worries me as much as the football we've been playing for most of his time here.

I think he's brilliant, but not sure he's capable of taking the game by the scruff of the neck. He's just not physical enough. If you want Hatem he is actually able to hold a man or two off. I think we will see the best of Marv when there are a few others around him to pass and move with.

Guest bimpy474

He's weak as water, like. Not a player for this league, but he'll have his moments.

I hated the two occasions he stop playing because he thought they were fouls, maybe they were, maybe they weren't but dont just stop.

He's weak as water, like. Not a player for this league, but he'll have his moments.

He's not any weaker than Luka Modric or Oscar. Obviously these players are superior, but Marveaux would fit in well if the team gave him adequate protection and played in a manner that was conducive to his success. If we are going to smash the ball 80 feet in the air and ask him to try and win it off the DM, he not too useful. The boy's touches on the ball are always thoughtful and creative, though.

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't disagreed with you much lately, but I think it's too early to say on that. I'd definitely say that he looks to me like a player that could succeed in this league, but not in this current team's attacking philosophy (ugh, I know, soz). Put him in the Swansea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, West Brom etc team,  and he'd look very good imo. The bottom line for me is that the larger problem is tactics above personnel.

I think he's great but you can see he's a number 10 as he's very passive. He floats in and out of games and doesn't impose himself enough, and when he's on the ball he is very economical but rarely drives the team forward. Norwich saw he was our dangerman and did a good job on him.

I'll stick my neck out, upset few of his fan-boys on here and admit that he's probably not THAT good and is probably a bit overrated on here.

He's still a good player to have in the squad, but I don't think we could rely on him producing the goods week in/week out.

Good squad/rotation player but I don't think he's got the ability to be a blue chip or match winner type of player.

He certainly will have more of an impact when there's more movement going on around him, he needs space to operate as he seemingly doesn't go looking for the ball much. He will never be the type to really grab a game when the going gets tough though. Today you could really see we needed Ben Arfa type, who has so much confidence he will have a go at a team no matter the situation.

He looks better when he's running at players in the final 1/3, I'd be encouraging him to do this more, sometimes he seems to take the option to pass instead of using  a change of pace.