Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He certainly doesn't help himself with his reserve performances tbf. Jonas has played a couple of games recently and showed just how easy you can make that level look. Whilst Marv just lets the game pass him by and looks like he's just filling up the numbers.

Marveaux is so ridiculously over-rated on here. He's got flattering to deceive down to a fine art.

I duno I think people see him for what he is, a player that keeps things simple and can unlock the door, but who disappears way too often  :dontknow:

Apparently disappears way too often in training too...

It's disappointing that we don't see more of him, but equally there has to be some onus on the player himself to give the manager less choice in the matter.

How hard do you have to train to sit on the bench?

About as hard as he has been doing apparently.

Maybe he can stop being so irrepressibly 'but i am le tired' and one day force his way back onto the pitch. :thup:

My point being, he's probably still a useful player to have on the bench if you need someone to create or score a goal, even if he doesn't train hard enough to warrant starting. We are paying his full wages anyway, might as well get him to earn some of them.

Has the ability, doesn't have the desire seems to be the be all and end all of it.

Far better have someone in the squad who is going to play (arf! we won't buy anyone) than someone like him given the choice of the management.

Guest bimpy474

Marveaux has his weaknesses but he's a lovely passer, has great close control, vision and a nice turn of pace. We should be using that.

No Pardew would rather use Obertan, turn of pace and.............................. :icon_scratch:

Marveaux has his weaknesses but he's a lovely passer, has great close control, vision and a nice turn of pace. We should be using that.

To do what? Nobody moves or makes runs.

To find the 1 or 2 runs that actually happen in a match?

I'm of the thought process that he or HBA need be in the team; if that means more graft from Cabaye/Tiote/Anita/Sissoko - so be it.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Good technically gifted player but his attitude can be questioned though. When we're playing well and on the front foot during a match he'll definitely shine but when we're being dominated he's the last player in the team to count on. On top of that he still needs to find his best position which seems to be on the bench at the moment :lol:

Good technically gifted player but his attitude can be questioned though. When we're playing well and on the front foot during a match he'll definitely shine but when we're being dominated he's the last player in the team to count on. On top of that he still needs to find his best position which seems to be on the bench at the moment :lol:

He hasn't been on the bench though, we've had other matchwinners like Obertan and Shola regularly using up those slots.

He hasn't been on the bench though, we've had other matchwinners like Obertan and Shola regularly using up those slots.

He was on the bench ahead of Obertan last weekend. Thought his body languge was suspect, but time will tell whether he did enough to make that seat his own.

He is a talent who has found it hard to settle over here, his head and heart are not in it so lets move him on, if we can use him to help sin Cabella then that would be outstanding.

pipe dream I know

Skirge, you are absolutely obsessed with swap deals. :lol:

He is a talent who has found it hard to settle over here, his head and heart are not in it so lets move him on, if we can use him to help sign Cabella then that would be outstanding.

pipe dream I know

Skirge, you are absolutely obsessed with swap deals. :lol:

:lol: Didn't mean so much as a swap more funds and a wage made available.

Marveaux is such a frustrating case of talent vs application. If he tries something that doesn't work/ the attack breaks down the first thing he does is throw his hands up in the air and stand about in a strop. I wouldn't want someone in my team that consistently did that.