Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

The respected independent analysis site whoscored, that is used by much of the football industry and analyses every match that all major European clubs take part in, gives Marveaux an average rating of 6.36 out of 10 which puts him seventeenth best in the Guigamp squad. Not great going for a player who is easily the highest paid on their books.

:anguish:

I do agree with his main point like, I doubt anyone who doesn't watch a lot of French football has any real idea how he's doing. It's still absolutely ridiculous that he was completely cast out of the side while Shola was playing every week.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

If that was heard correctly and he did say he misses Newcastle, I'm hopeful he'll return under a new manager and we could see him again next season.  Always looked a class player whenever he played for us imo.

He is on loan, right? :lol:

Who was that assist against, where he like threaded the eye of a needle? they showed it on MOTD a few times, it was crazy.

Stoke I think for a last minute Cisse winner

Pretty sure he played really well at the Emirates too before we crumbled to lose 7-3 or something like that

Pretty sure he led the team in assists despite only having a few runs in the team the Europa League season. Makes sense to never play him.

Aye. Looked a promising #10 in that season.

That was also the season Pardew played Sissoko incessantly as a #10 despite having 3 great games to a dozen bad ones. In that same Stoke game Marv got that great assist Sissoko was awful as #10 for the majority of the game. Ended up with a pass completion rate around 67%. Marv came on, skipped past players, knew the exact time to make the pass, kept it simple when needed then provided the killer ball when the opportunity presented itself.

Obviously benched next game, probably didn't even get on the pitch.

Been s**** in France it looks, unfortunately only ever saw glimpses of him being a decent player at SJP.

He's not exactly had much impact in France this season. In their absence some players have been elevated well above their actual worth in the minds of some fans. Having said that, considering who we've been playing in midfield this season he'd have probably played quite a few games for us.

The French Colback. Available on a free, potential to "do a job" and if the worst comes to the worst they can move him on for a modest fee without losing too much in the process.

He's collateral damage in the club's grand scheme of things. It'll be "fuck him, move him on for whatever we can get" just as it was with M'Biwa and Santon.

He should've had more opportunities but he was no great shakes imo. I prefer his type of player to the graft first creativity second sort, but I don't think he ever looked anything special in the admittedly little time that he got.

That's obviously not to say he wasn't better than some of the players chosen ahead of him, and wouldn't have been better under a different manager in a different system, but I won't be gutted if he leaves.

He should've had more opportunities but he was no great shakes imo. I prefer his type of player to the graft first creativity second sort, but I don't think he ever looked anything special in the admittedly little time that he got.

That's obviously not to say he wasn't better than some of the players chosen ahead of him, and wouldn't have been better under a different manager in a different system, but I won't be gutted if he leaves.

His career has been a massive disappointment, the guy was never particularly good for NUFC. He has been missed, though. De Jong would have been a fantastic replacement, imo, but this has of course been a complete disaster. It woould have been prudent to keep him as cover, though, as the most creative player in the team was essentially exiled.