Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Didn't we lose the handful of games he played well in? He never really turned a game. He never had much impact. He always seemed to want too much time on the ball. He was invisible when he played on the wing. He has two years left on his contract so at least if he does well on loan NUFC may get a fee for him.

Hopefully Jonas and Obertan are next and we get a replacement or two.

Yeah because its his fault that we couldn't keep a clean sheet in those games. :anguish:

He impacted those games, he created chances and goals which is what he was on the pitch to do. Shame the defenders wasn't able to replicate that.

Fair enough but it does say something when there are only a handful of good moments to pick from. His highlight reel for NUFC is short.

But you can't say he was given a fair go. I don't really know much about him as a player other than he looked good technically and he has a poor fitness record, it seems to me that creative players are judged so much more harshly at Newcastle than the cloggers, who are able to get away with long runs of poor form.

Maybe things might've turned out differently if he'd scored that good chance in the later stages of the Europa League or a similar chance away at Chelsea... It might of kick started something inside him as you felt there was more inside of him that he showed... Personally would've just stuck him in the team in place of Cabaye once he was sold and give him a long run in the team and then decide his future...

Maybe things might've turned out differently if he'd scored that good chance in the later stages of the Europa League or a similar chance away at Chelsea... It might of kick started something inside him as you felt there was more inside of him that he showed... Personally would've just stuck him in the team in place of Cabaye once he was sold and give him a long run in the team and then decide his future...

Logical that, it was too easy of a decision but we know the silver King just throws in Moussa there or Luuk De Jong there and calls it a day.

139 league appearances in his career at the age of 28 says it all. It makes Kieron Dyer look like a workaholic.

Quite happy to spend years wallowing doing nothing "earning" premier league money, safe in the knowledge he'd signed one of our 5 year specials. His weekly wage will be very decent after signing on a free as well.

Absolute bone idle bastard who has never got the stick he deserves.

Undecided about Marv, he's quality technically but doubts about whether he can play regularly in the PL. Not that he was ever given a proper chance.

I agree with your assessment of the player, but I do think he was given a chance. He couldn't cope with the physical demands of the PL.

Shame, because he was good to watch.

139 league appearances in his career at the age of 28 says it all. It makes Kieron Dyer look like a workaholic.

Quite happy to spend years wallowing doing nothing "earning" premier league money, safe in the knowledge he'd signed one of our 5 year specials. His weekly wage will be very decent after signing on a free as well.

Absolute bone idle b****** who has never got the stick he deserves.

http://i.imgur.com/qdrKfhl.gif

Absolute bone idle b****** who has never got the stick he deserves.

That might all be true, and it might not. How would you know what goes on behind the scenes?

I don't think his injury record here was that bad, for a player who came to us with an injury prone tag stuck on him. Maybe that would have been different if he had played semi-regularly.

The state of comments sometimes...

"Doesn't show he cares", "Happy to be sitting on a bench"

Yeah? You hear him say that? Not every player is chest pumping loves a tackle and an elbow Steven Taylor. I still can't imagine this forum needs reminding of who he's playing for and the fact that the King has fallen out with the most creative player we've had in ages, and one of the most exciting players we've had in the same time. This is the same guy who tore apart Fulham and Villa at the beginning of the season and then was blamed for about every other loss whenever he touched the pitch. That's the kind of man he's playing for.

To me, Pardew owes him massively for helping dig him out of the shit a couple of seasons ago. A couple of last minute assists kept Pardew's head above water and he still never really played him last season. Whether something went on behind the scenes I don't know, I remember being impressed by him in a midfield 3 but that's another role he never got given again. He was talked up as the only one who could play Cabaye's position and see those passes but again, all talk and we'll have Sissoko in that number 10 role being a target man.

Never rose to his potential but was barely given the chance. Wish him all the best this year.. hope he blows it out of the water and has a great season. Maybe, just maybe by the time the loan is up Pardew will be history. Ah we can dream.

I'd prefer every player Pardew has mismanaged who's been decently respectful to the fans or the shirt to leave and stick it to him. I used to hope out of of Premier League but I'd rather see guys leave and the press ask Pardew on the spot about a player who's left and done brilliantly well.

He's got a great range of passing and a good eye for reading the game but I always thought he was too lightweight for English football. Still would have been playing him every game last season as his strengths were exactly what we needed, same as HBA.