Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Wasn't Amalfitano always one for the future?

He's not a kid like. I think he's about 22 so if he was good enough he'd be at least getting some EL time.

Clearly he showed some life in preseason but he has taken some time to adjust. Bigi, though younger and getting games now, came from the Championship. Romain, older, had 2 seasons in Ligue 2 in France. The step-up obviously has taken some time, maybe longer/shorter than some thought.  Hopefully he'll continue to work hard and we'll see him in the EL and eventually the PL with some time.

He's not a kid like. I think he's about 22 so if he was good enough he'd be at least getting some EL time.

Elliot said that he doesn't speak a word of English so that might have something to do with it. Bedding-in time, etc. Santon hardly played when he first joined.

the line from the club and french journos was that it would take him at least a season to be ready to fight for a place in the first team squad.

the line from the club and french journos was that it would take him at least a season to be ready to fight for a place in the first team squad.

How fit do you need to be to take a place on the bench?

Guest neesy111

So why was Pardew saying he would be a key squad player this season ???

Guest bimpy474

So why was Pardew saying he would be a key squad player this season ???

Because Pardew is smooth and if he said the Sky was green.....:lol:

Terrible first half, approaching good second half.

He wasn't terrible in the first half, he should have scored when he totally missed the ball but other than that he did nothing wrong.

Or significantly right. Bit of a problem when your job is to make things happen.

Or significantly right. Bit of a problem when your job is to make things happen.

He's virtually missed two of the last 3 seasons through injury, he's going to need time to get up to speed.