Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Sorry Binnsy but I believe the only reason Marveaux came into the team is because we have no other options available.  If it's straight choice between Jonas and Marveaux I think he'll pick Jonas again when available so we can tighten up which would be horribly wrong imo.

Guest neesy111

Pardew can't possibly drop him. Jonas will be shoehorned in elsewhere IMO. Probably in a 4-4-2.

I just think he'll be the flair player to be taken out when Pardew wants to tighten the team.  You're 100% spot on it shouldn't happen though.

:undecided:

good player, Just  as Garham  Carr said he was

Wasn't it Llambias that said we should sign him? :lol:

Herad Carr on some interview last season, when they went though the  list of players that had been signed  , Carr told them not to forget Marveaux as he was a very good player too.

Propa lil' gangsta this fella. Love him! I love the way people were writing him off and saying 'get rid' after about 3 sub appearances and 1 start for us after being riddled with injuries- long term ones as well! :lol: Fickle (or ignorant) doesn't even begin!

Anyway, played a blinder today. Was a constant outlet for us today, dropped deep to receive it, turn and play, whilst played very well between the lines I thought; dropping into space and causing Arsenal all sorts of problems. His pass for Ba's second was just breathtaking! Technically perfect.

Hopefully after Wednesday and today there's no way Pardew cant play him, especially with Ben Arfa out.

IF Ba leaves, I'd love to see us line up as:

-----------Anita--------Bigirimana----------

------Ben Arfa------Cabaye-----Marveaux------

-----------------------Cisse----------------

I think that would be amazing. But saying that, I'd do everything to keep Demba.

It was gorgeous. Nobbyesque.

Edit: dat pass.

Good shout...has nobbyesque qualities

More pace, but crossing still has a way to go

He was definitely channelling Solano with that pass, I used to love it when he struck it with the outside of his foot.

by the way, given the amount of criticism i throw at pardew he probably deserves praise in a sense for his handling of marveaux if it turns out he's fit long term...seems to have resisted throwing him in too much, maybe it was an injury thing not a tactical thing that we'll see the benefit of now

if so :thup:

Marveaux deserves praise for his recent performances. He is creative which is something we've desperately needed with Cabaye and Ben Arfa not fit. He's not been perfect though. His corners weren't the best yesterday and he lost the ball in midfield, then fell to ground which directly lead to an Arsenal goal (although he certainly isn't alone in costing us a goal yesterday).

Marveaux's best position seems to be in the middle not on the wing. Ben Arfa's best position seems to be on the wing and not in the middle. I've not been impressed when Ben Arfa has played behind the striker/s. Marveaux hasn't really impressed when played on the wing.

Marveaux deserves praise for his recent performances. He is creative which is something we've desperately needed with Cabaye and Ben Arfa not fit. He's not been perfect though. His corners weren't the best yesterday and he lost the ball in midfield, then fell to ground which directly lead to an Arsenal goal (although he certainly isn't alone in costing us a goal yesterday).

Marveaux's best position seems to be in the middle not on the wing. Ben Arfa's best position seems to be on the wing and not in the middle. I've not been impressed when Ben Arfa has played behind the striker/s. Marveaux hasn't really impressed when played on the wing.

why do thay have to be in the middle or on the wing, could thsey not have the freedom to do both ?

why do thay have to be in the middle or on the wing, could thsey not have the freedom to do both ?

Ben Arfa tends to be 'based' on the wing but doesn't stay there rigidly. During the game he's rarely on the wing, he cuts in and roams about. I'm just saying when he is 'based' behind the striker/s he hasn't been as affective as when he is 'based' on the wing. Marveaux has been more effective when he is 'based' in the middle behind the strikers. He may be OK on the wing now he seems to have found form and fitness but in his previously wing appearances he hasn't impressed me.

Ben Arfa tends to be 'based' on the wing but doesn't stay there rigidly. During the game he's rarely on the wing, he cuts in and roams about. I'm just saying when he is 'based' behind the striker/s he hasn't been as affective as when he is 'based' on the wing. Marveaux has been more effective when he is 'based' in the middle behind the strikers. He may be OK on the wing now he seems to have found form and fitness but in his previously wing appearances he hasn't impressed me.

for me i'd have them both playing off a main striker (cisse would be my choice for his movement) with tiote,cabaye, anita in behind.

What a player, absolutely class. That pass just made me laugh in the same way as when Cisse scored his second against Chelsea. If Jonas or anyone else comes in for him someone needs to be executed. Wow.

Guest hatem garrincha

for me i'd have them both playing off a main striker (cisse would be my choice for his movement) with tiote,cabaye, anita in behind.

Same here

He simply has to start after that amazing performance. He probably would've got MOTM if Walcott hadn't suddenly become an overnight god for that match.

That pass, his goal and general contribution was just immense. We need to hold on to this guy for a long time if poss.