Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

"A few weeks ago it was really difficult for me here and I did have a desire to look elsewhere, above all to play."

"It was difficult for me to convince the coach and it took a long time but I've been putting a run of games together."

"I'm really enjoying it in recent weeks and I'm happy."

"I think Mathieu's arrival will strengthen us and the French lads are happy to welcome him."

"A few weeks ago it was really difficult for me here and I did have a desire to look elsewhere, above all to play."

"It was difficult for me to convince the coach and it took a long time but I've been putting a run of games together."

"I'm really enjoying it in recent weeks and I'm happy."

"I think Mathieu's arrival will strengthen us and the French lads are happy to welcome him."

Pleased he's honest about how he was feeling, because he's bound to have been upset by lack of playing time. Hopefully he stays until the summer at least now.

Really want to see him and HBA operating in the same side. Gives us two players who can take people on.

Players who can take opposition players out of the game and create space, but have questionable work-rate... TWO of them. Don't be so fucking ridiculous, that would definitely be suicide.

Would be gutted if Marv went now. It should be Tiote who loses his place in midfield when Cabaye is fully fit.

Aye this defensive putrid shit is not taking us anywhere might as well learn a bit from KK and put teams on the back foot.

Pards will never do that though the f*cking clueless twat.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4739799/Sylvain-Marveaux-I-was-like-Forrest-Gump.html

SYLVAIN MARVEAUX has put in more miles than Forrest Gump in his bid to impress Alan Pardew.

Newcastle’s French midfielder insists he has finally come to terms with the lung-busting effort needed to keep pace in a marathon Premier League season.

And his willingness to do the hard yards has finally won the 26-year-old a starting place after an injury-ravaged year on Tyneside.

Marveaux is happy to be a 21st century version of Tom Hanks’ lovable road-running character from the classic 90s film.

And he insists life in the French league is a stroll in the park compared to the demands of the English top flight.

The ex-Rennes winger regularly covers seven miles during games.

And he admitted: “I don’t know exactly how much more I’m running in this country, but it feels like I am.

“In the Premier League it seems like you’re running all the time, every minute. There’s no time to rest during a game.

“That’s the big difference between here and France. There, you have a lot more time on the ball.

“It takes time for your body to get used to the pace and energy of the game here and I now understand what’s required to play regularly in the Premier League.

“I think the manager can see the big improvement in my game in terms of workrate.”

Most of last season was a write-off for Marveaux, who was laid low by hip surgery soon after his arrival on a free in summer 2011.

But he is finally getting back to his best and scored in the recent defeat at Arsenal.

Marveaux added: “I’m feeling good and fans are starting to see the best of me because this is the first time I’ve played a few games in a row.

“It was difficult last season because I’d just got back from injury when I arrived and then I was soon injured again.

“But this season I’ve been fit and able to show the manager I can be a Premier League player.

“I never thought it was the wrong move coming here. I like the place but there was a time when I thought about moving on to play because I felt good and fit but I wasn’t being picked.

“I was thinking more about going out on loan than leaving, just to get games.”

Under-pressure boss Pardew will give £5million defender Mathieu Debuchy his debut at Norwich today as Toon bid to avoid their 10th defeat in 12 Premier League games.

Marveaux added: “It took me a while to adapt — but I think Mathieu will settle quickly.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4739799/Sylvain-Marveaux-I-was-like-Forrest-Gump.html#ixzz2HkElSbYB

He's cool as fuck. Fast becoming my favourite current toon player.

I like the honesty in saying that he wasn't happy about not getting games and that he'd have had to leave if he didn't start getting in the team.

These sort of quotes really worry me. Loads of us could see what a tidy player Marveuax was from a few minutes last season.