Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Guest TheSummerOf69

Who moves jobs in the same profession for less money?

Barton might have to, if he wants to play next season.

Agents are without doubt scummy leeches in general, but what exactly are people (including the club) expecting when we try to fuck them over? :lol:

I don't know the full ins and outs of how agents run their businesses but I would assume they are contracted by players. Therefore trying to bypass them is just a recipe for disaster. They're wankers but there's no real way around it as far as I can see.

Graeme Bailey, who broke this latest story -

Newcastle dont look like going back for Barnetta - they will claim he got injured this week, although nothing from Bayer about that..

Oh for fucks sake, this is just pathetic. What the fuck is wrong with our club, back to the cartoons time it seems. fatash should fucking be torched on the street like the fucking pig he is. Of course the fucking player wont come when you wont even offer him the same fucking paycheck he cashes in now. Retarded fucking assholes

Never quite get the view on agents - yes some of them might be complete pains, but in reality footballers do need someone to represent them and negotiate contracts on their behalf (as well as sponsorship, endorsements etc etc) and that person is always going to charge for that service.  To be honest, I don't know why more players don't use lawyers (who have a professional code of conduct that regulates them and normally charge by the hour as opposed to receiving a percentage of wages or transfer fees etc) to be honest.

Most people aren't paid enough in a week to support themselves for a year either. A footballer taking a 10% pay cut is hardly the same as a teacher doing it.

Most people aren't paid enough in a week to support themselves for a year either. A footballer taking a 10% pay cut is hardly the same as a teacher doing it.

Teachers ave it easy.

Only Mike Ashley would ask someone to take a pay cut to join us from a team in the Champions League.

What a donut.

We are Sports fucken Direct.

What a club man.

I'm vastly more excited about the new NFL season that I am about the Premiership starting. And my team finished 31st out of 32 teams last year and haven't signed anyone good at all since then.  :lol:

Ash and Dekks have such a talent for this like, proper cunts of the highest order. Was always going to be a definitive window for Ashley's regime, and so far they've done even worse than I imagined was possible.

Well his agent is c**t

Because he doesn't want the player to take a drop in wages?  It looks to me that he's representing the player in a way that he should be.  The agent isn't the problem here.  Would it not be in the interest of the agent to move him on anyway and get his cut?

We've already had players that only play for us because we're giving them a lot of money - that got us relegated.

If he doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't want to play for us. if the only way we can persuade him otherwise is to offer him a lot of money, I'll pass.

Guest Wally_McFool

Agents are without doubt scummy leeches in general, but what exactly are people (including the club) expecting when we try to fuck them over? :lol:

I don't know the full ins and outs of how agents run their businesses but I would assume they are contracted by players. Therefore trying to bypass them is just a recipe for disaster. They're wankers but there's no real way around it as far as I can see.

Ashley's credibility in the footballing grapevine will be so low after all the recent kerfuffle at Newcastle and attracting decent players will now be very difficult.

You reap what you sow and all that!

We've already had players that only play for us because we're giving them a lot of money - that got us relegated.

If he doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't want to play for us. if the only way we can persuade him otherwise is to offer him a lot of money, I'll pass.

But you don't offer a player less than they're on :lol:

But you don't offer a player less than they're on :lol:

No, you don't (if it's true)

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

We live in a world where 40k a week is "just ridiculous" - and ridiculous that it's not enough rather than too much. Extraordinary.

Good to see Caulkin back. 40k mightn't be enough, but it's not "ridiculous".

Yes, let us just buy wankership players, that will probably win us the league! Get real man, Cabaye and Marveaux would not f***ing be here if we didnt give them a shitload of cash more then they where on at their respected clubs (well at least that covers Cabaye)

Yes, let us just buy wankership players, that will probably win us the league! Get real man, Cabaye and Marveaux would not fucking be here if we didnt give them a shitload of cash.

Why would we offer a shitload of cash to them and a ridiculously low amount to Barnetta though?

Who do you expect us to sign?  :lol: Can't think of a single player in the game who would be willing to play for Newcastle if more money was available elsewhere.