Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Shaun

I tweeted this to Joey Barton:

@Joey7Barton hey joey, what do you think of Coloccini's new long term, high earning contract? keeps him at #nufc til he's 34.

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!

I tweeted this to Joey Barton:

@Joey7Barton hey joey, what do you think of Coloccini's new long term, high earning contract? keeps him at #nufc til he's 34.

Ouch. Still though, don't think he deserves any direct ribbing off us, funny though.  :lol:

Biggest signing the club has made in years. The biggest signing we'll make over the duration of his new deal too.

Absolutely ecstatic, love you Colo. :smitten:

Guest bimpy474

Why do people keep reffering to Danny Simpson? Was there something about him turning down a new deal? I must have missed it.

Aye he has turned down a new offer apparently, but Pardew reckons it should get sorted out, unfortunately with him staying, according to the Chronicle ;)

The club will still look to replace Simpson in the summer IMO.

And rightly so. We've just secured the basis of our defensive core and Taylor signed a new deal last year. Time to get rid of the individuals that are holding us back and improve. That's how you move forward.

This is fantastic news. A brilliant start to the weekend.

Captain Colo is arguably our most important player, he's such a rock in defence and securing him for the long term is nothing but a massive boost. I'm so delighted! :celb:

What a morning! Noticed this thread and celebrated like crazy, then someone mentions Krul in this thread, I check the Krul thread and celebrate again. :lol:

Other way round for me, I was checking the Krul thread first. Great news X 2.

Massive statement of intent tbh. There is no way we are going to sell him for big money and there is no way his wages are going to be low.

This is a big sign that those in charge actually care about how we do and it's not just about buying young players to sell for a profit.

So many positives from this news. Fucking ecstatic!

Massive statement of intent tbh. There is no way we are going to sell him for big money and there is no way his wages are going to be low.

This is a big sign that those in charge actually care about how we do and it's not just about buying young players to sell for a profit.

So many positives from this news. Fucking ecstatic!

That's how I see it as well. It looks like now we have our finances on a solid footing we are investing the money back into quality on the pitch. Colo is already an icon and for us to have secured a player of his stature on what must be substantial wages is a clear message that we are moving into the big league.

How far are we into the five year plan btw? :lol: