Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Colo and Mbemba could make a good pairing in my view. Colo may have looked a shadow of his former self, but putting him next to the right partner could bring a lot of his form back. I know we won't be seeing the absolute best of him again, but he can look good enough to make us more of a solid team. This could be hopeful thinking on my part, as I have never seen mbemba play, but all his listed attributes seem to make him a perfect partner for Colo (even if many think he could do with being a few inches taller)

Difficult decision, in my opinion. It has been quite some time since he last performed at an acceptable level for Newcastle. He is 33 years old. Experience is good, but he is declining. Mentally he has looked "gone" for a very long time.

On the other hand, we are actually talking about selling Coloccini BEFORE getting rid of Williamson and Taylor. Also we do not have any decent CBs lined up for replacement. It's a bizarre situation.

I hope this doesn't drag on, the sooner he's sold the longer it gives us to get a replacement in before the window closes

What replacement would that be? If we were going to buy a replacement we'd have got rid already, but I can't see us spending another £6-8m that it would take to buy even a half decent centre back.

Unless the club tell him to leave, I am not sure why he would choose to go to another English club now with only one year left on his contract especially if he still wants to return home ASAP.

Unless the club tell him to leave, I am not sure why he would choose to go to another English club now with only one year left on his contract especially if he still wants to return home ASAP.

Get the impression that boat has sailed in regards to him going home.

If Palace were offering a two or three year deal he'd be mad not to take it, he's finished as a top flight player so should get as much money as possible while he can.

I've got no issues with him rightfully competing for the job and doing so from the bench should we sign another player with quality. I also believe we need to name Janmaat or Gini captain as well, who should be ever present starters for us are our best 2 players.

Anyone seen any reliable sources of when Dummett's back? Had a quick Google and couldn't find anything.

If Mbemba hits the ground running I'd be happier to see a Dummet Mbemba than an Mbemba Colo at this stage.