Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

50 minutes ago, Paully said:

He was just about the best centre half in the league for about a season and a half.

I'm sure that overhead kick went straight to one of their players about 20yds out in a much better position than conceding the throw would've been.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

He was just about the best centre half in the league for about a season and a half.

I'm sure that overhead kick went straight to one of their players about 20yds out in a much better position than conceding the throw would've been.

Think we scored within 30 seconds of it, Cisse cracker.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we scored within 30 seconds of it, Cisse cracker.

We're both right. Went to their player, we win a free kick out of a tussle, long free kick that Cisse scores from. I didn't remember us scoring mind.

Edited by madras

Was fantastic for a few years and a proper Rolls Royce defender, but like many others from the Ashley era, we held onto him for too long and should have got rid a year or two before we eventually did. His last game when we got done 5-1 at Stamford Bridge he looked absolutely finished.

Mind, that said, McClaren allegedly wanted to get rid and sign Richard fucking Keogh to replace him so it would have been worse had the club not insisted we keep him :lol:

13 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I don't have the same fond memories most others appear to, but I will gladly join in wishing him a great retirement.

There were plenty who absolutely detested him on here, especially in his first season so you aren't alone. 

Shite his first season. Had we stayed up we'd have probably got rid of him. Utterly class then onwards, aside from his last perhaps. Too young to really remember Woodgate, so he's the best centre half I've seen for us.

The current lot don't come close like. Think he'd be even better now.

Some rewriting of history going on here. He was bar 2 (3 at a push) seasons utter dogshit for us and an even worse captain. I wish him all the best in retirement but for me won’t be remembered as a class act more someone who was a liability, dirty, inconsistent and had no leadership skills at all. 

5 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah he had a season of arguably being a top 10 CB in europe imo. He was so good on the ball, classy player. Also this:

6SVUtts55bJyftrSGwJUCtOXSqOgz_47CbN7z-yX

This remains one of my all-time favourite football pictures :lol:

Loved Colo, had his name on my shirt and was an absolute beast in his prime