Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

We should just randomly announce that we are looking to sell Dan Gosling to them for a fee of £20m.  After all, it's in the best interest of our club.  Then keep rambling on about in the media for the next few months. 

We should randomly announce that they're flying in to replace their manager with Pardew and want to give us £20m in compensation to cover his contract. Then keep feeding it to the press, two birds one stone :thup:

Fair enough if he was winding down his career, but this is still a player more than capable of performing well at the top level. It's an insult that they think they can get him for free, then freely tell media outlets their plans.

Purely depends what was promised to him to stop him fucking off earlier in the season.

Unbelievable a Club like NUFC will be embroiled in something as obviously ridiculous as this. Get the fucking thing sorted. Set the price and have no more contact until that fee is reached. If Colo wants to piss off then hold his registration and sue him for the remainder of his unfulfilled contract.

Purely depends what was promised to him to stop him fucking off earlier in the season.

Unbelievable a Club like NUFC will be embroiled in something as obviously ridiculous as this. Get the fucking thing sorted. Set the price and have no more contact until that fee is reached. If Colo wants to piss off then hold his registration and sue him for the remainder of his unfulfilled contract.

:slowclap:

:thup:

Hope we did not promise just to let him go if he stayed until the end of the season, if we did then that was utterly stupid, San Scroungers should be told straight pay up or fuck off.  Give you our best defender our Captain for free? I mean fucking hell its just astounding that this thing is still rolling on.

Hope we did not promise just to let him go if he stayed until the end of the season, if we did then that was utterly stupid, San Scroungers should be told straight pay up or fuck off.  Give you our best defender our Captain for free? I mean fucking hell its just astounding that this thing is still rolling on.

I can't see Mike Ashley going in for giving him away for free. Didn't we recently say we hadn't even talked to SL? Or they said they hadn't contacted us? Seems like the whole thing is still just rumour... all the problems with him going there are unchanged from the summer.

Didn't it emerge that after all the bluster in January San Lorenzo never once made contact with NUFC? I don't really think there's much more we can do in that regard other than complain to FIFA about SL tapping up our players.

Hope we did not promise just to let him go if he stayed until the end of the season

I hope we did.  As long as we fully intended to laugh them off in the summer.

"Did you honestly think we'd let him go for free?"

If we're to be "forced" into letting Colo go for nothing, then the minimum we should get out of San Lorenzo is first option on any promising youngsters that come-up through their ranks in the next x years.

We have to get something out of those fuckers.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should launch an audacious £0m bid to bring Michael Carrick home, then just keep badgering MUFC.

Mind convincing the player might not be so easy.

Always used to reckon he'd play for us at some point in his career.

Guest diddimz

I just can't see Ashley letting one of his clubs most valuable assets go for nothing, I so I'm pretty confident Colo will be here next year.

Unless another club comes in with a big offer to buy him, and then donates him to San Lorenzo.