Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Coloccini did take a huge amount of flack in that relegation season and I do agree with Ronaldo to an extent that he was 'escape goated' (J.Anderson, 2014) and exposed thanks to pedestrian dickheads like Smith, Nolan, Butt and Geremi pissing about in front of him all season. He put in some shoddy performances that year but there was at least a dozen players who underperformed more than he did.

As for now, he's obviously on the wane as a player and looks like he couldn't give a fuck on top. That said, he's still capable of posting decent showings, just at a far less frequent rate.

:lol:

Deaf ears with Colo. He can do no wrong, even with Carragher, Neville and the rest of the country laughing at him (and us) every week.

Agreed. He's put in some horrible performances and is always one of the first to look/play like he doesn't care. He's slow and he's average in the air, he needs to be fully focused and committed to put in good performances. A lot of the time he just doesn't seem to care.

This place is ridiculous when it comes to Colo. Months prior to hiim saying he wanted to leave last season I was one of a few to say he was playing very poorly. ONly after his dad started mouthing off did people accept he had gone off the boil.

I don't want him to be captain. If we had any type of decent transfer policy I would say I would want him replaced.

He was replaced by Mbiwa, but Pardew obviously trusts Coloccini far more.

Ronaldo is right that none of our CB's are very good. Maybe MYM could be, who knows, the only time he played well there Pardew dropped him for Colo. Mind you I'm pretty sure the only good players we have will both be sold this summer, roll on next season, it should be just wonderful.

MYM was doing well with Williamson before Colo came back, IIRC. Some were certainly disappointed he was immediately dropped when Colo returned from injury.

That he did. The short term thinking dope in the dugout/stand/hotel room didn't think that though.

I've been quite disappointed with Colo's performances this season. I want our first choice pairing to be MYM and Willo.

MYM will make mistakes but he's shown enough potential to be a worthwhile investment IMO.

Willo is what he says on the tin. I like him. :lol:

Colo's been rubbish this season. He had three sensational years where he hit 8-9/10 every single week, but has tailed off since he decided he didn't really want to be here. I hope he goes now.

I've been quite disappointed with Colo's performances this season. I want our first choice pairing to be MYM and Willo.

MYM will make mistakes but he's shown enough potential to be a worthwhile investment IMO.

I want wilo to warm the bench at best to be honest.

There is no way someone who is so awful with the ball at his feet should be starting for us

Ironically he's been shit since everyone else has been shit. When we were good, he was actually pretty good.

Seems to be a pattern developing! Players playing for a shell of a club and playing shit, who would have thought.

I wonder if Jonas leaving has had an effect.  The club seemed to handle it badly as usual and Jonas seemed to be upset by the way things panned out.  That's not to say the decision to move him on was wrong but the club are pretty ruthless when they want rid and Jonas had been a good servant to the club.

Colo should be above that but when you think a work colleague is being treated unfairly, it can create conflict behind the scenes.

I wonder if Jonas leaving has had an effect.  The club seemed to handle it badly as usual and Jonas seemed to be upset by the way things panned out.  That's not to say the decision to move him on was wrong but the club are pretty ruthless when they want rid and Jonas had been a good servant to the club.

Colo should be above that but when you think a work colleague is being treated unfairly, it can create conflict behind the scenes.

Got to treat leaving players like shit & hang them out to dry though otherwise the fans might think something is up with the club/board/manager.

There is no way someone who is so awful with the ball at his feet should be starting for us

It's a progression. Long-term, sure, of course I want a ball-playing (oo er) centre-back, but for now I just don't want us to look like we're ready to concede 3+ per game.

I think Williamson, with the right protection/people around him, can be an integral part of a steady back-four while the side establishes some grip on its collective defensive responsibilities.

It's a progression. Long-term, sure, of course I want a ball-playing (oo er) centre-back, but for now I just don't want us to look like we're ready to concede 3+ per game.

I think Williamson, with the right protection/people around him, can be an integral part of a steady back-four while the side establishes some grip on its collective defensive responsibilities.

I agree with you in regards to having a back four that can keep it tight but surely we can do better than having willo

Ironically he's been s*** since everyone else has been s***. When we were good, he was actually pretty good.

This is true, he hasn't been rubbish all season. He put in great performances when he replaced MYM.