Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Not wanting to stick up for them with this latest hamfisted attempt at PR.

But I've been tossing this around in my mind, should we be getting behind the team (a team that's done nothing to reciprocate the gesture and anything to warrant any level of support) in the hope of saving our PL status or let the f***ers wallow in the s*** they've caused, continue the protest and hope that this inevitable relegation is the catalyst for change.

I’ve come to the conclusion that we need to stay up. Not for Ashley, Carver or the fleckless players but for ourselves. Going down means the following: The best players will be sold, the worst players are given a lifeline. Carver’s odds at staying in charge go up, with the Hughton effect, Ryder is promoting. Zero investment in the team will take place (Despite what we think, if we stay in the PL they will spend probably not enough but they will spend). No attractive managerial appointment will be made(although this is probable for both scenarios). No chance of me personally seeing a lot of our games next year (although that may be a blessing in disguise). No likely buyer will offer Ashley what he wants for the club. We could be down for a long time this time, as long as perhaps Leeds have been, we are not set up for a quick bounce back like last time.

Of course I can also understand the advantages in continuing the protests for this game: Why back a team that doesn’t deserve, why save an owner 80 million that won’t reinvest it. Carver might be seen as the hero for saving us, ergo getting the gig next year.

The worst case scenario and what will probably happen is that people will sit on their hands for 89 mins apart from in the 17th minute per usual. The place will be like a library apart from the vocal noise of the small band of Brom supporters celebrating their 3 goals. The 34th minute will see a handful of supporters stand up with their red Ashley out cards (which will be promptly confiscated).

Absolutely spot on.

Those who attend on Saturday should get 100% behind the team (apart from the usual Ashley Out moment). Even if we fall 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 down, every single person in that stadium should make every attempt to get behind them.

If we lose, the fans cant be to blame. If we win, we survive and we can then continue the ferocious assaults on Ashley.

I still like the idea of a sit in rather than a boycott. 10k empty seats don't really have the same effect as 10k sitting behind for an hour and half hurling abuse at Ashley.

Obviously this wont happen, but it'd be nice.

As for the letter, no doubt this was one of the "plans to make everything right" from the squad meeting on Monday. Not a chance did Colo write this mind.

Fuck them. It's emotional blackmail. Absolutely nothing will change if our fanbase show they can be bought off by being told that "it's your club" and that they need us, despite the fact that all the available evidence points to it being anything but. It's not our club when they sell our best players, rename the stadium, allow loan sharks to sponsor the shirt, aim to get knocked out of competitions we'd all quite like to win. They didn't need our support when they disbanded the singing section and turned the stadium into a morgue, or when they decided to charge fans £15 for membership.

If anything the way the club has conducted itself the past couple of days has strengthened my resolve. I owe this basket case of a football team absolutely nothing. I've thrown good money after bad following Mike Ashley's Newcastle United around the country. If they go down it's not because of me, or the other 52,000 idiots that turn up week in week out. It's because of the owner, the board, the manager and the players.

It's their mess, why the fuck should I feel some sort of obligation to at least try to bail them out?

:thup: :thup:

Didn't even have the sense to let Coloccini write something himself  :lol:

Imagine these people thinking so little of the supporters man. It's truly phenomenal.

Fuck them. It's emotional blackmail. Absolutely nothing will change if our fanbase show they can be bought off by being told that "it's your club" and that they need us, despite the fact that all the available evidence points to it being anything but. It's not our club when they sell our best players, rename the stadium, allow loan sharks to sponsor the shirt, aim to get knocked out of competitions we'd all quite like to win. They didn't need our support when they disbanded the singing section and turned the stadium into a morgue, or when they decided to charge fans £15 for membership.

If anything the way the club has conducted itself the past couple of days has strengthened my resolve. I owe this basket case of a football team absolutely nothing. I've thrown good money after bad following Mike Ashley's Newcastle United around the country. If they go down it's not because of me, or the other 52,000 idiots that turn up week in week out. It's because of the owner, the board, the manager and the players.

It's their mess, why the fuck should I feel some sort of obligation to at least try to bail them out?

Post.

f*** them. It's emotional blackmail. Absolutely nothing will change if our fanbase show they can be bought off by being told that "it's your club" and that they need us, despite the fact that all the available evidence points to it being anything but. It's not our club when they sell our best players, rename the stadium, allow loan sharks to sponsor the shirt, aim to get knocked out of competitions we'd all quite like to win. They didn't need our support when they disbanded the singing section and turned the stadium into a morgue, or when they decided to charge fans £15 for membership.

It's their mess, why the f*** should I feel some sort of obligation to at least try to bail them out?

👍👍👍👍

Spot on. :thup:

When the club gets relegated...ill be like luke skywalker burning darth vaders body...standing to one side wondering what could have been but also knowing there was fuck all i could do to change events.

It'd have been more effective and realistic if they sent Colo out 5 minutes before the game on Saturday with a microphone to say his piece without a script rather than this letter.

With his head shaved wearing an orange jumpsuit and Charnley behind him in all black.

Those who attend do absolutely nothing to get behind the team though. When did a packed house help us win before this season? Those who mouthed off about how they're staying "for the team" during the boycott a few weeks ago sat in silence for the entire game and booed the team off. How is that getting behind the lads? These players are crying for the fans support but offer absolutely nothing in return so why do they deserve it?

If anything the cries from the players has shown me that they are just as bad as anyone else supporting this horrible regime. The agenda here is to get 52,000 bums on seats every game and to keep the protesting to an absolute minimum. If everyone attends to"gets behind the lads" and we win the PR machine will be in overdrive subtly pointing the blame for the recent poor form at the anti-Ashley brigade. If the protests continue and we lose and go down? The PR machine kicks in again.

Guest chopey

Bishop probably gets paid more and works harder than Charnley and our entire coaching staff combined.

Regarding this "Open Letter" from the worst club captain in recent history.... this isn't "our club" that's going down. It's Mike Ashley's club, It's Mike Ashley who has destroyed this.  We don't owe this Newcastle United owned by Mike Ashley anything - and if/when the club gets relegated no current supporter should feel any shame either -  we're too good for this shit. We're all too good to be dealing with this or accepting this.  They can all get fucked, get sold, or burn in hell.

/bit dramatic i know.

The place is like a fucking mortuary every home game due to the shit being served up on the pitch. This is tantamount to bribery: if you don't turn up & the team get beat it will be YOUR fault.

Well fuck you, I want to hear Ashley apologise & commit to selling the club. I might consider it then.

The bottom line is I would prefer to watch a well managed team of committed pro's two leagues down with owners who 'get it' rather than wonga it next season getting humped for England whilst scraping the odd long ball one goal fluke of a result.

Sorry Mike, I'm 'out' for the season thanks.

Not wanting to stick up for them with this latest hamfisted attempt at PR.

But I've been tossing this around in my mind, should we be getting behind the team (a team that's done nothing to reciprocate the gesture and anything to warrant any level of support) in the hope of saving our PL status or let the fuckers wallow in the shit they've caused, continue the protest and hope that this inevitable relegation is the catalyst for change.

I’ve come to the conclusion that we need to stay up. Not for Ashley, Carver or the fleckless players but for ourselves. Going down means the following: The best players will be sold, the worst players are given a lifeline. Carver’s odds at staying in charge go up, with the Hughton effect, Ryder is promoting. Zero investment in the team will take place (Despite what we think, if we stay in the PL they will spend probably not enough but they will spend). No attractive managerial appointment will be made(although this is probable for both scenarios). No chance of me personally seeing a lot of our games next year (although that may be a blessing in disguise). No likely buyer will offer Ashley what he wants for the club. We could be down for a long time this time, as long as perhaps Leeds have been, we are not set up for a quick bounce back like last time.

Of course I can also understand the advantages in continuing the protests for this game: Why back a team that doesn’t deserve, why save an owner 80 million that won’t reinvest it. Carver might be seen as the hero for saving us, ergo getting the gig next year.

The worst case scenario and what will probably happen is that people will sit on their hands for 89 mins apart from in the 17th minute per usual. The place will be like a library apart from the vocal noise of the small band of Brom supporters celebrating their 3 goals. The 34th minute will see a handful of supporters stand up with their red Ashley out cards (which will be promptly confiscated).

I agree. I've wrote a post on here as to why relegation won't help the club and won't fast track Ashley's exit from the club so I'm not going type that out again. All I'm going to say that despite the owners be bastards, the majority of players not caring and not deserving of our support and relegation will serve them right, it won't serve us right.

Anyway I'm not going to sit here and say people should go to the match or people should boycott.

Those wanting to boycott have the right to do so, but they key thing here is, those who want and will go to the match have to actually give it there all.

For too long they have sat in silence, they haven't urged the team on, they have't given much of a full protest chant towards Ashely, now is the time do so. If you go on Saturday then get behind the team, not for their sake but for our sake.

On the 34th minute make your displeasure known, have a sit in afterwards if thats part of the plan. For the rest of the game get behind the team, not because the chances of that are slim, but to hope it makes the WBA players fold. Scream for every decision off the referee, make it hard for him to give a decision against us, scream the fuck out of your lungs when WBA have a player on our man, urge the team to attack.

The fans haven't done that this season, and yes we know our players might not react to it, but as I've said the WBA players might, they have nothing left to play for and if you make it hard for them then they will start bottling challenges in case the get hurt in a game that essentially means fuck all to their season. This can help us, this could give our players half a yard or a chance to get the ball into the box. Make it hard for the referee to give decision against us, make so we get the advantage instead of stopping play, make it so that we are the ones getting the 50/50 decisions.

Guest neesy111
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/a00/0f2/c69/resized/too-damn-high-meme-generator-that-paragraph-is-too-damn-long-ffcbca.jpg

If anything the way the club has conducted itself the past couple of days has strengthened my resolve.

This is it, I've not been able to fully want us to go down but they're really fucking testing me now with this transparent bullshit.

Howay AO, kill the fucker now you've got him wobbling.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. :thup:

Hah just got the email. Colo couldn't give a shit and is putting his name to anything, leave asap please. Pathetic PR bullshit from all involved, hope they get done in on Saturday.

f*** them. It's emotional blackmail. Absolutely nothing will change if our fanbase show they can be bought off by being told that "it's your club" and that they need us, despite the fact that all the available evidence points to it being anything but. It's not our club when they sell our best players, rename the stadium, allow loan sharks to sponsor the shirt, aim to get knocked out of competitions we'd all quite like to win. They didn't need our support when they disbanded the singing section and turned the stadium into a morgue, or when they decided to charge fans £15 for membership.

It's their mess, why the f*** should I feel some sort of obligation to at least try to bail them out?

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. :thup:

:thup: :clap: :Jonny2J: