Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Was strange when Odemwingie completely sold him earlier in the game, havent seen that in a long time with Colo.

Then just exposed by pace as we've always known.

I think he's looked quicker this season - but was exposed tonight. 

Aye, all over the place. Perch may not be particularly at fault today but he's not a good partner for Colo. Willicini next game please. So that we can actually have a defensive "unit".

At least we know it's not in Colo's character to let this performance affect him.. although I imagine Bolton are not his favourite opposition.

He's a sublime footballer, but never a CB that's been great on the turn, we learnt that from the day he got here. He was on the turn every time West Brom attacked tonight, given the pace of their attackers and the state of our line.

He was poor, but so were the conditions in general for the defence. Stupid high line and no protection whatsoever from Jonas or the two in the middle. Haris gets a pass because that wasn't really his job.

if it had been perch so often burnt and looking poor i doubt you'd find those excuses.

he had a bad game, his weaknesses were exposed, i can only assume woy done his homework and shane long (who we were too good for according to many on account of his being at reading and not fc foreigner) took ruthless advantage.

He was poor, but so were the conditions in general for the defence. Stupid high line and no protection whatsoever from Jonas or the two in the middle. Haris gets a pass because that wasn't really his job.

if it had been perch so often burnt and looking poor i doubt you'd find those excuses.

And why do you doubt that?

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, the entire defence gets a pass, because the tactics Pardew employed wouldn't have worked with Vidic and Kompany.

Tbh, the entire defence gets a pass, because the tactics Pardew employed wouldn't have worked with Vidic and Kompany.

what was the problem with the tactics ? we played a middle 4 like we have all season with 3 who have played most of the season and the otyher whom  many are saying had a good game ?