Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Loven11

Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini has called on his team-mates to go all out against Everton in a bid to secure a top four finish.

The Magpies are the outsiders to claim a place in next season's UEFA Champions League with Arsenal and Tottenham occupying third and fourth spot respectively.

Newcastle need one of the two north London clubs to slip up on the final day and Coloccini wants them to keep the pressure on their rivals by claiming all three points from their tricky trip to Goodison Park.

"We are fighting for a dream, so it is a very important game," said Coloccini.

"We are confident, because we played well against Chelsea.

"We've played well against Manchester City too. We lost [to City on Sunday] but the final result came because they scored the first goal and we were chasing an equaliser.

"We have a very tough game, but it is one we can win. We have to do our own work at Everton and take the three points first. If we do that, it puts pressure on Tottenham and Arsenal and we'll see - but we have to do our own job first.

"When you're on the pitch, you do not take notice of other scores.

"At half-time, we may hear of the scores, and I'm sure people may shout the score to us, but unless we win, we will not get there. So the job of winning is the most important to us.

"We will make sure of that first. We're very happy but we still have the chance to finish third or fourth and we're still fighting for that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7748094/Coloccini-calls-for-final-push

He is now the best centre-back I've ever seen in our colours. Colo is also the best centre-back in the division in terms of form and individual ability and one of the best in Europe. I was very critical of his performances in his first season here but the turn-around has been immense and he has been worth every single penny we spent on him and then sum. I'm extremely proud that he is our player and our Ccaptain. He typifies the new Newcastle if you like. Class but hard working and humble. As things stand he is a Newcastle legend for me and will hopefully stay here for the rest of his career to cement that status. By the way, Pardew deserves credit for recognising him as a Captain and giving him that responsibility because he has grown into that role and really is our leader in everything he does, from his sheer consistency to his wise words in the media all the way to his stellar performances out there on the pitch.

:thup: Agree with everything there.

Very impressed with his attitude and how he tackles the role as captain.

He is now the best centre-back I've ever seen in our colours. Colo is also the best centre-back in the division in terms of form and individual ability and one of the best in Europe. I was very critical of his performances in his first season here but the turn-around has been immense and he has been worth every single penny we spent on him and then sum. I'm extremely proud that he is our player and our Ccaptain. He typifies the new Newcastle if you like. Class but hard working and humble. As things stand he is a Newcastle legend for me and will hopefully stay here for the rest of his career to cement that status. By the way, Pardew deserves credit for recognising him as a Captain and giving him that responsibility because he has grown into that role and really is our leader in everything he does, from his sheer consistency to his wise words in the media all the way to his stellar performances out there on the pitch.

Agree with most of that , but small point to add, Colo was actually Hughton's vice captain I think, he captained us when Nolan was out even when Barton played (against Wigan for sure anyway).  Once Nolan left Colo was pretty much odds on favourite to take over anyway.

Guest neesy111

Las Malvinas is technically Europe though?

Nope.  Canary Islands are not in Europe but are Spanish.

Guest diddimz

Just had a mate ask me if I was worried he'd have a great euro championship and have a luv come in for him, bet him 500 that doesn't happen.

First thing I buy with the 500 is a map of the earth with Europe and Argentina both circled

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/05/23/fabricio-coloccini-urges-nufc-to-keep-star-names-61634-31025563/

“Of course I would like the team to stay together,” he told The Journal. “I think the most important thing is to keep the spine of this team together, then hopefully we will bring in some players to help us.

“It is very important that we keep that backbone for Europe next season. And of course having some new players would be very welcome.”

Guest Haris Vuckic

:thup: Glad he signed that contract, it would have been horrible to watch him leave this summer.

Ask Andy Carroll how that went for him :lol:

He got to two cup finals, winning one & will go to the Euros meanwhile collecting £80k a week.