Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Edward Bretherton ‏ @ebretherton

@SnedNE25 best thing is that he's kept fit this year. Honestly wish you'd sort your defence out - you could have been challenging for 3rd.

Aye, such a pity we're three points behind with a game in hand. Miles away.

Can't tell whether he is surprised Colo stayed fit this season or whether he is just saying we are lucky we've had so few worries with him?

It seems like such a strange comment to make, like, to any player, never mind a one who is well known for staying fit throughout his career.

The sad thing is that most of these people will be basing their view entirely on his first season with us and him being a touch shaky in a side in disarray in his first season in a new league.  For a fan not to have bothered watching him since then is ridiculous, for a journo it's unforgiveable.

Can't tell whether he is surprised Colo stayed fit this season or whether he is just saying we are lucky we've had so few worries with him?

It seems like such a strange comment to make, like, to any player, never mind a one who is well known for staying fit throughout his career.

I think it's a reference to the fact that some of the CDs who you'd expect to be competing for that place have had their season affected by injury - eg Vidic, Agger, Vermaelen. The latter has also had to fill in at full back, but for my money he's now the best all round central defender in the Premiership - strong in both attack and defence.

Colo deserves great credit, considering the start he had in English football. He's now really established himself, and I don't mind admitting he's made far more progress than I thought he would.

But to dispute whether he's one of the top two in the league isn't exactly controversial. As a player with very clear strengths and weaknesses, he does divide opinion. His national manager doesn't seem too keen, and it didn't look like there were many top clubs keen to take him off our hands when his contract situation was uncertain.

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it millions of times, that relegation team defence was very good. It was the constant pressure it was under because of the midfield that was the problem. For the media it was easier to blame the Senegalese, the Argentinian, the Frenchman and the Spaniard than dare have a bad word to say about Butt, Smith and Geremi.

I've said it millions of times, that relegation team defence was very good. It was the constant pressure it was under because of the midfield that was the problem. For the media it was easier to blame the Senegalese, the Argentinian, the Frenchman and the Spaniard than dare have a bad word to say about Butt, Smith and Geremi.

:scared:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120423/colos-honour-at-pfa-recognition_2281670_2745680

Colo's "Honour" At PFA Recognition

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Fabricio Coloccini revealed it is a "huge honour" to have been named in the Professional Footballers' Association Premier League Team of the Year.

On Sunday night, the Argentine international defender was recognised by his fellow professionals as one of the top-performing 11 players in the division throughout the course of the 2011/12 campaign.

Coloccini, who was named Newcastle captain last summer, has led the Magpies to fourth place in the top flight with a string of exceptional performances and 14 clean sheets in the process.

And he told nufc.co.uk that everyone at the Club is deserving of credit for what has been a remarkable season.

"It is a huge honour to be named in the PFA Team of the Year," said Coloccini.

"It is always nice when other players appreciate your contribution and you are recognised for it.

"But this is not just for myself. It is also for my teammates and the staff at the Club. I am playing alongside great players every week, and there are fantastic coaches and people behind the scenes who are just as important to our success.

"We have had a brilliant season, and hope it can continue over the final four games.

"I would also like to thank our fantastic supporters who have been right behind me and the team all season."

United boss Alan Pardew believes his skipper is fully deserving of his place in the Team of the Year.

Coloccini has made 35 appearances at the heart of the Magpies' defence and Pardew - who gave the 30-year-old the captain's armband - admitted he has been a shining light.

"There have been some exceptional performers across the Premier League this season in every position, but no question Colo is up there with the very best in the division," said the manager.

"In his first season as captain he has shown what a magnificent leader he is, and he certainly leads by example.

"He's been outstanding in every game he's played in this season, and I warmly congratulate him on the recognition he has received from the PFA."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120423/colos-honour-at-pfa-recognition_2281670_2745680

Colo's "Honour" At PFA Recognition

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Fabricio Coloccini revealed it is a "huge honour" to have been named in the Professional Footballers' Association Premier League Team of the Year.

On Sunday night, the Argentine international defender was recognised by his fellow professionals as one of the top-performing 11 players in the division throughout the course of the 2011/12 campaign.

Coloccini, who was named Newcastle captain last summer, has led the Magpies to fourth place in the top flight with a string of exceptional performances and 14 clean sheets in the process.

And he told nufc.co.uk that everyone at the Club is deserving of credit for what has been a remarkable season.

"It is a huge honour to be named in the PFA Team of the Year," said Coloccini.

"It is always nice when other players appreciate your contribution and you are recognised for it.

"But this is not just for myself. It is also for my teammates and the staff at the Club. I am playing alongside great players every week, and there are fantastic coaches and people behind the scenes who are just as important to our success.

"We have had a brilliant season, and hope it can continue over the final four games.

"I would also like to thank our fantastic supporters who have been right behind me and the team all season."

United boss Alan Pardew believes his skipper is fully deserving of his place in the Team of the Year.

Coloccini has made 35 appearances at the heart of the Magpies' defence and Pardew - who gave the 30-year-old the captain's armband - admitted he has been a shining light.

"There have been some exceptional performers across the Premier League this season in every position, but no question Colo is up there with the very best in the division," said the manager.

"In his first season as captain he has shown what a magnificent leader he is, and he certainly leads by example.

"He's been outstanding in every game he's played in this season, and I warmly congratulate him on the recognition he has received from the PFA."

:clap:

Could not have happened to a better man. Colo = Class

why does colo deserve it then? You have to consider whether williamson makes him look good.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W6ti67rs4b0/T1UBjzMY3-I/AAAAAAAAAz8/4nRiPiADOI8/s1600/ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Within a year I predict this forum will communicate entirely through gifs

http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v260/StupidGenius11/Reaction%20gif/th_yeahithinkso.gif