Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest icemanblue

Still think if things were that bad he would have forced his way out already. The fact he's still here is very encouraging IMO. Starting to think he will last the season at least.

That's what I'm holding on to, as well. I get the feeling the talks will be 'ongoing' until they agree to our compromise. Seems that we're not going to budge, which is exactly the right thing to do. Kind of a 'who blinks first' stand off, and we've got the matchsticks out.

Still think if things were that bad he would have forced his way out already. The fact he's still here is very encouraging IMO. Starting to think he will last the season at least.

That's what I'm holding on to, as well. I get the feeling the talks will be 'ongoing' until they agree to our compromise. Seems that we're not going to budge, which is exactly the right thing to do. Kind of a 'who blinks first' stand off, and we've got the matchsticks out.

The thing is even him leaving at the end of the season for a paltry fee is shit for us, so you've got to wonder what the discussions involve.

The father of Fabricio Coloccini insists the Newcastle man is anxious to return to San Lorenzo sooner rather than later.

Coloccini looks set to leave the Magpies shortly after informing the club of his desire to return to Argentina but they are keen to keep hold of their skipper until the end of the season.

Osvaldo Coloccini, currently a youth coach at San Lorenzo, believes a resolution must come quickly.

"Fabricio is very anxious, he wants a resolution," he explained.

"I think that it's the moment for him to return to San Lorenzo. We want him to come back.

"In the last few hours, Newcastle have bought a defender but that means nothing because they were looking for an option in that position anyway.

"At Newcastle they are telling him to wait until May but the thing is that I don't know if San Lorenzo are going to be able to wait until then."

San Lorenzo manager Bernardo Romeo added: "We need a central defender. We are waiting.

"Let's have faith in that the transfer will be done, otherwise we will have to go out and look for another central defender."

The 31-year-old centre-back spent time on loan at San Lorenzo from AC Milan more than a decade ago

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8427676/Fabricio-Coloccini-s-father-claims-Newcastle-player-is-anxious-to-join-San-Lorenzo

How about you go and buy a fucking defender then you absolute cunts!

Don't understand how they can be allowed to openly talk like this in public, if it was us we'd have been done for tapping up weeks ago.

This story is weird on so many levels.

1. I never expected Colo to sign a contract only to try and leave 8 months later.

2. There are so many suggestions as to why he wants to leave.

3. The reality in which San Lorenzo perceive they're working in is baffling.

4. The fact that Colo seems to be the last character I'd expect this from.

5. The fact that San Lorenzo act and talk as if they have some sort of right to bring him back without the financial means it should take.

Fucking hell Colo man, we need you now, step up.

The father of Fabricio Coloccini insists the Newcastle man is anxious to return to San Lorenzo sooner rather than later.

Coloccini looks set to leave the Magpies shortly after informing the club of his desire to return to Argentina but they are keen to keep hold of their skipper until the end of the season.

Osvaldo Coloccini, currently a youth coach at San Lorenzo, believes a resolution must come quickly.

"I think that it's the moment for him to return to San Lorenzo. We want him to come back.

"In the last few hours, Newcastle have bought a defender but that means nothing because they were looking for an option in that position anyway.

"At Newcastle they are telling him to wait until May but the thing is that I don't know if San Lorenzo are going to be able to wait until then."

San Lorenzo manager Bernardo Romeo added: "We need a central defender. We are waiting.

"Let's have faith in that the transfer will be done, otherwise we will have to go out and look for another central defender."

The 31-year-old centre-back spent time on loan at San Lorenzo from AC Milan more than a decade ago

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8427676/Fabricio-Coloccini-s-father-claims-Newcastle-player-is-anxious-to-join-San-Lorenzo

How about you go and buy a f***ing defender then you absolute c***s!

Don't understand how they can be allowed to openly talk like this in public, if it was us we'd have been done for tapping up weeks ago.

Outrageous.. :lol:

The more I read and the more aware of the intentions of his father, the more I expect us not to sell/release ( :lol: ) this transfer window.

I wouldn't care if Coloccini was made to rot in the reserves for the remainder of the season either.  It is a matter of both principle and our reputation.

Guest malandro

If Colo doesn't explain his side of this farce soon the supportercould turn on him... It does increasingly look he just wants a move and that's it.

Argentinians, man, their sense of entitlement sometimes... :lol:

Met a Newell's fan the other day that thought that we should pay up on Messi because we stole him and we owe all our success to them.

Met a Newell's fan the other day that thought that we should pay up on Messi because we stole him and we owe all our success to them.

Unreal.

Absolutely unreal.

Guest diddimz

It's not like they're gonna get a better defender then him in anyway, so even if they miss out on him now, I'd bet they could somehow find a way to fit him in down the track.

Guest Roger Kint

Have they got anyone we could possibly look for on a swap deal, in fact at least 3 for the player they are getting?

99% of their squad probably wont get a work permit. Would be a few years before they were much use to us unless they were loaned to European teams and we had their registration to make money off any future sales.