Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Does Colo have a column in the matchday programme?

Yes, although as you'd expect it's just the usual (probably ghost written) predictable bland stuff. I was interested to see if the Reading column gave anything away but it was very short, said absolutely nowt and I'd be surprised if Colo had even seen it prior to publication, never mind written it.

I'm extremely relieved/delighted that he's staying, but I do think it's poor show that he hasn't said anything at all (for six months).

Cliche-arrific this, but correct imo... but it would be nice if he could add some clarity to the situation, directly to the people who pay his wages.

EDIT: Wasn't aware of the program column. Hopefully there'll be a soundbite in there about his immediate future.

He owes no-one an explanation of his personal circumstances. This is what I don't get from our fans every now and again, they think players should give them everythign they ask because they play for this club. He is well within his rights to keep these circumstances to himself. he's gone down the correct channels to explain his situation and what he wants. From there it's management that issues any statements.

He owes us no column, no detailed explanation. he's told his bosses his problems, now it's them who tell us what is going on. And if he leaves without us ever knowing, then we never know.

He's still playing football, we should be happy with that and leave it.

Ah well.

That said I think there's every chance he'll use the Chelsea one to say as much as he can regarding his position.

I very much doubt it.

Not sure.

It certainly won't dish the nitty gritty but I wouldn't be surprised to see a "love Newcastle, must all stick together, thanks for your patience and understanding" type statement.

It's his most obvious platform but if he doesn't say anything there, now that the short term decision has been made, then I can't see him doing it anywhere.

He owes no-one an explanation of his personal circumstances. This is what I don't get from our fans every now and again, they think players should give them everythign they ask because they play for this club. He is well within his rights to keep these circumstances to himself. he's gone down the correct channels to explain his situation and what he wants. From there it's management that issues any statements.

He owes us no column, no detailed explanation. he's told his bosses his problems, now it's them who tell us what is going on. And if he leaves without us ever knowing, then we never know.

He's still playing football, we should be happy with that and leave it.

No intimate details required, just something.

I don't understand the desperate need for soundbites. Is him saying he's committed to the club going to put your mind at ease? Even if he's not, he's not going to say that so why worry about it?

Fair point. I don't usually care about statements, I'd just find it strange for the captain to write a column that doesn't mention that fact he's nearly abandoned ship.

As you say though, it would obviously just be generic stuff anyway.

I wanted some sort of statement when it was not clear whether he was staying or leaving, not so much now there is clarity. That letter to San Lorenzo fans is a bit strange though in context, considering he's the captain of THIS club, and has only played there for one season on loan, so it's not like it's his boyhood club and he would die to end his career playing for them (or at least, it shoudn't be).

I wanted some sort of statement when it was not clear whether he was staying or leaving, not so much now there is clarity. That letter to San Lorenzo fans is a bit strange though in context, considering he's the captain of THIS club, and has only played there for one season on loan, so it's not like it's his boyhood club and he would die to end his career playing for them (or at least, it shoudn't be).

San Lorenzo are his boyhood club.

Not according to Wiki (I know)?

http://www.somoscuervos.com.ar/media/galeria/72/4/8/2/7/n_san_lorenzo_historia-2057284.jpg

Also found a couple interviews in Spanish where he says he's a fan, from before the current fracas.

http://www.somoscuervos.com.ar/media/galeria/72/4/8/2/7/n_san_lorenzo_historia-2057284.jpg

Doesn't that make San Lorenzo Osvaldo Coloccini's (boyhood) club, rather than Fabricio's? Everything I can find suggests Fabricio Coloccini has only ever played at San lorenzo for one season on loan from AC Milan.

Edit: I appreciate this question is completely irrelevant as he seems dead set on joining them sooner rather than later, I just wanted to point out he does not seem to have a long history with them other than apparently his father having played for them and he apparently being a fan.

A lot of players don't end up playing at their boyhood clubs, it means little. As I said, there's also a few interviews in Spanish where he says he's a fan.

http://www.taringa.net/posts/deportes/9244043/Fabricio-Coloccini_-un-grande.html

Fair enough. Wouldn't surprise me if his "personal reasons" amount to nothing more than a burning desire to play for the team he actually supports. Aren't San Lorenzo on the decline, i.e. faced with relegation and in substantial financial trouble?

Doesn't that make San Lorenzo Osvaldo Coloccini's (boyhood) club, rather than Fabricio's? Everything I can find suggests Fabricio Coloccini has only ever played at San lorenzo for one season on loan from AC Milan.

Edit: I appreciate this question is completely irrelevant as he seems dead set on joining them sooner rather than later, I just wanted to point out he does not seem to have a long history with them other than apparently his father having played for them and he apparently being a fan.

I think you're confusing the term to be honest, "boyhood club" usually just means the club they've supported since they were a child. They tend not to use "support" as obviously playing for other clubs you will form further attachments.