Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Probably wants to fulfil a father's wish in seeing his son playing for them again?

Made me think... Maybe it's his father that's ill?

this just sprung to my mind too

But then why the secrecy? If he just explained that many would have much more sympathy for him.  Were it not for these cryptojournalistic comments I'd think he just wanted to piss off back to argentina

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini has thanked San Lorenzo for trying to take him back to Argentina and spoken of his sadness that a move will not be going ahead.

Coloccini had hoped to return to South America for personal reasons but Alan Pardew confirmed on Friday that he would be staying at St James' Park at least until the end of the season, while he will also remain skipper.

The 31-year-old has now sent an open letter to San Lorenzo, along with his agent Marcelo Lombilla, to express his gratitude and also explain why he will not be able to join.

The letter, which was published by the Twitter account of San Lorenzo, read: "To my San Lorencista family.

"I write these lines from a long way away where I am missing my country, my family and my close ones. And with sadness of knowing that after a series of meetings held here in Newcastle that my return to Argentina has been momentarily suspended.

"Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one's own desires."

Fabricio Coloccini

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8441559/Newcastle-defender-Fabricio-Coloccini-sad-not-to-be-returning-to-Argentina

Just noticed it's already posted, my bad!  Should have realised Sky Sports would be slow to publish like.

I don't really think it's the incomprehension of another culture that some here are a bit ticked off that he'd send an open letter thanking fans of another club while not one word of explaination or thanks to those of his current club who still gave him their support.

Exactly this. How about the fans who turn out to see you every week?

I don't really think it's the incomprehension of another culture that some here are a bit ticked off that he'd send an open letter thanking fans of another club while not one word of explaination or thanks to those of his current club who still gave him their support.

Exactly this. How about the fans who turn out to see you every week?

:clap:

If somebody doesn't tell me what the craic is with this Colo stuff soon I'll flip a fucking lid.

Dude, it's sorted till the summer. His lass is whining on, that's all. He's got some serious earache. BFD. Who hasn't? My current answer is "are you still talking?" I have to point out for legal reasons that I am not a multimillionaire international football player. :lol: As if there would be any fucking confusion. :lol: And I have also not impregnated a series of charva lasses from fucking Cramlington, as many people haven't. Honestly, I've called my valued workmates worse than shite this week for believing anything they read. :lol: Fuck me, what a week.

In two minds about him keeping the captaincy.  Reading that letter it doesn't sound like he's up for any sort of fight to keep us up.  Sounds like he's here cause the club wouldn't let him walk.  Nothing makes me think he's up for the cause.  We need someone whose heart is in it and someone who is going to lead by example i.e. Cabaye.  As fans we are just so in the dark by it all.

It's just all so dissapointing.

I think it's right to let him keep the captaincy till the end of the season. Huge, huge player for us and it's so important that he gets back to his best to help the others settle in. I think giving someone else the armband would see Colo's head totally drop.

Apparently he has a serious personal issue which is putting him in a tough spot, don't mind that at all and it is non of my business.

What I don't get is, why write a letter to the fans of San Lorenzo, to apologize for not joining them now?  What the fuck has that to do with his personal issues.  He is the captain of Newcastle United and should not be pleading to fans of another team.  Don't get me started on San Lorenzo, and their "pursuit" of Colo.  They basically wanted one of the best defenders in the world for free and called that negotiations.

Don't think he will let his head drop in the games to come, but he wont play with his heart.

I think he may have naively thought the letter would stay in Argentina or at least amongst a small amount at San Lorenzo rather than ending up in the English press. He might not even know we know :lol:

I don't want to speak badly of him because if there are serious personal issues going on behind the scenes that's more important than football obviously.

But this rubbish with San Lorenzo is rubbing me the wrong way, I have to say. If it really was just about going home for personal reasons couldn't he just have retired? I can't imagine San Lorenzo were going to pay him a massive wage anyway, so why is playing for them such a major thing if this is all based on some sort of personal problem?

I don't know the law, but if he retired could we really do anything other than hold his registration and prevent him from playing elsewhere?

If he still wants to go in the summer then let him away, but only to someone who's willing to give us a good fee. If we just let him walk to San Lorenzo for nowt it'll annoy me tbh.