Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If he's staying, as club-fucking-Captain he could do worse than to make some sort of statement himself, rather than leaving it all to a manager who's a perennial bullshitter. I don't think he's handled this whole thing very well at all; seems to be absolutely no connection between fans and Captain whatsoever. Irritating.

He's never been one for the fans really, that's OK IMO as long as he's a leader in the dressing room. This letter is mental, but I would be interested to see whether he actually literally wrote it or it's some scheme between his agent, Dad and whoever else.

Anyway, main thing is he just performs for the remaining games.

He's never been one for the fans really, that's OK IMO as long as he's a leader in the dressing room. This letter is mental, but I would be interested to see whether he actually literally wrote it or it's some scheme between his agent, Dad and whoever else.

Anyway, main thing is he just performs for the remaining games.

Absolutely. That said, while I don't care for the details, a few words to affirm his commitment for the next few months wouldn't go amiss.

For the club captain not to have spoken to the media for 6 months is a bit of a joke frankly. Even more so considering the support they've given in keeping his problems under wraps for the most part.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew on Coloccini: "he remains our captain and is committed to the cause, make no mistake.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

AP says Colo letter was lost in translation. Player just wanted to say thanks to hometown club for offer of help #nufc

Hmm.....

Why can't Colo say anything at all? Even just a press release. He is the captain after all.

I have come to the conclusion that his personal problem is that he has lost the ability to communicate vocally.

/Oddly, if anything I'd have thought that'd help his marriage! But apparently not.

A football field can be quite an effective sanctuary to escape lifes off field troubles if only for 90mins.

I am sure Colo will be ok once kick off time comes.

:thup:  He is a comsummate pro as well.

During his first season he was in a new club/country, struggling on the pitch, had four managers and was watching the club fall to pieces, but he never once hid. He stuck to the cause and battled through.

A football field can be quite an effective sanctuary to escape lifes off field troubles if only for 90mins.

I am sure Colo will be ok once kick off time comes.

so, so true. been through some shitty times in my life and football, both playing and watching has given some welcome respite from the worries etc.