Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

The media blackout is very strange. Usually they love shit like this. Terry/Bridge,Ashley Cole etc.

I can't see it being a serious illness as even though the media would respect keeping it quiet,surely the club would allow him to leave instantly?

Maybe a giggs type injunction  :dontknow:

The media blackout is very strange. Usually they love shit like this. Terry/Bridge,Ashley Cole etc.

I can't see it being a serious illness as even though the media would respect keeping it quiet,surely the club would allow him to leave instantly?

Maybe a giggs type injunction  :dontknow:

Funny, that very word just popped into my head a few minutes ago. Is certainly possible.

A "true pro" hmmm not sure we can call him that anymore

You don't know what his problems are.  :lol:

Of course not but I am of the opinion he has not behaved like a true pro.

Not just desperate to go home for personal reasons but seems more desperate to go play for a club who aren't willing/able to buy him so he expected us just to release him.. that true pro behaviour ?

Not just desperate to go home for personal reasons but seems more desperate to go play for a club who aren't willing/able to buy him so he expected us just to release him.. that true pro behaviour ?

It looks like his former club have tried to help him and he's thanking them for that.

To be frank, he isn't making any promises regarding the summer or anything (something the SLA fans in the forums I'm reading seem disappointed about). The letter is full of vagaries and half of it is just praise for the SLA board so over the top than it looks manufactured to make them look good despite failing to land the player. I'm also 99% sure that the agent wrote it.

It looks like his former club have tried to help him and he's thanking them for that.

Do that over the phone... I think they know fine well that it will go down like a lead balloon here, Pardews presser made it sound like that was an end to it all until the summer. That letter just fures things up again.

any proof at all that he or anyone connected wrote it?

SLA themselves divulged it, seems pretty legit.

And they have acted like absolute shithouses from start to finish. Thanks for your efforts San Lorenzo *pat on the head*. However, you couldnt stump up the cash, so f*ck off.

Do that over the phone... I think they know fine well that it will go down like a lead balloon here, Pardews presser made it sound like that was an end to it all until the summer. That letter just fures things up again.

He's signed a bit of paper which will have taken less time than a phone call.  The letter only fires things up if people let it.  The letter is nothing.

He's signed a bit of paper which will have taken less time than a phone call.  The letter only fires things up if people let it.  The letter is nothing.

WE will have to agree to disagree on this.

:D

the letters PR fluff, his dad probably asked him to do it to try and save face for San Lorenzo. Nothing we should be worried about, Colo had his best game in ages right when this blew up and if whatever is the problem was around last season it certainly didn't show in performances.

Not sure he should still be captain but perhaps its a show of faith from Pardew to keep his morale up.

the letters PR fluff, his dad probably asked him to do it to try and save face for San Lorenzo. Nothing we should be worried about, Colo had his best game in ages right when this blew up and if whatever is the problem was around last season it certainly didn't show in performances.

Not sure he should still be captain but perhaps its a show of faith from Pardew to keep his morale up.

I think he played that game thinking it would be his last for us, a farewell performance.

I think he played that game thinking it would be his last for us, a farewell performance.

well then he might think the rest of the season is an extended farewell tour and perform as such  :)

I'm no fan of Pardew but I agree with him on this one, it's good man-management.

"I wish to acknowledge to Matias Lammens and Marcelo Tinelli on their personal qualities, for their professional qualities and for their excellent management, their the honest work, their seriousness and commitment in placing the human being over and above other interests"

Their interest was to get an expensive player for free, right? If Colo played like Mike Williamson they wouldn't give a fuck about "the human being".

If there is no newcastle equivalent letter to follow then it seems a bit like a fuck you to the management here. Hopefully it's not what it seems and blows over and he plays like we all know he can.

If there is no newcastle equivalent letter to follow then it seems a bit like a f*** you to the management here. Hopefully it's not what it seems and blows over and he plays like we all know he can.

I'd rather have him than a letter, if he'd gone we'd probably have had a letter and they wouldn't have.