Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Need a mountain of a display from this gent this Sunday. He's missed the last 3 which we have lost, hopefully he can make the difference.

He has always delivered in these games like.

Aye, that game at the SOL was one possibly the best performance I've seen from a Newcastle centre-half.

Need a mountain of a display from this gent this Sunday. He's missed the last 3 which we have lost, hopefully he can make the difference.

Aye, that game at the SOL was one possibly the best performance I've seen from a Newcastle centre-half.

Same here.

It was - as soon as he went off injured, I knew that they'd score!

Wasn't the story, when Coloccini was hoping to go back to Argentina and play for San Lorenzo, all about a struggling team with no cash playing at the bottom of the league?  Semi-retirement at an almost semi-pro level?

Is that the same team who are playing Real Madrid in the Club World Cup final tonight? (genuine question, if it's not, it's not)

Wasn't the story, when Coloccini was hoping to go back to Argentina and play for San Lorenzo, all about a struggling team with no cash playing at the bottom of the league?  Semi-retirement at an almost semi-pro level?

Is that the same team who are playing Real Madrid in the Club World Cup final tonight? (genuine question, if it's not, it's not)

To answer your 3 questions: Yes, No, Yes.

Ok, exaggerated a bit, but it was deffo played down as a career move. All about the personal not the football.  A massive upturn in fortunes, or were their doldrums not that bad to begin with?

Ok, exaggerated a bit, but it was deffo played down as a career move. All about the personal not the football.  A massive upturn in fortunes, or were their doldrums not that bad to begin with?

They weren't that bad and the way the Argentine league is split into 2x short championships you can easily be top one then bottom the other but either way they massively overachieved to win the Copa Libertadores last season.

Argentine league is fairly shit though, probably on a par with Turkey or somewhere.

Hate him after what happened with him wanting to leave on a free.

People give HBA shit but this guy is a coward and to see people singing his name makes me sick.

Just reminds me how fuckingstupid our fans are.

Same as with Carver, Woodman and Chieck... Every time they are on the pitch or the dugout people should hound these cunts out!

Colo is one of my favourite players in the squad, but safe to say we can file Man Utds second under 'D' for dereliction of duty by the captain. Outrageous stuff, senior centre back stood not just out of position but on the bloody touchline watching as they slice through.

Aye was shocking. Should never have just wandered over when we were being pressed like that. I blame him more than colback for that goal, colback suddenly had a gaping hole at centre half that he couldn't fill.

Guest firetotheworks

Colo's always been a shit captain imo and as a player he's been well below par defensively for at least two seasons now. Obviously he'll have the odd blinder and roll back the years, but people only tend to notice him doing that over him playing badly.

So, if it is him, what are your thoughts?

Absolutely fuck knows. Could be the greatest/worst appointment in the history of the game.

He'll know fuck all about coaching etc but I'd, at the least, think he prefers passing football.