Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Dyer, Parker, Emre and Milner in midfield and Martins' pegging-back pace up top is about as easy as it ever gets for an NUFC back 4, mind.

And they also had a top keeper who although not vocal had experience, and Nobby Solano. Sibierski was also at the very least an out ball.

Dyer, Parker, Emre and Milner in midfield and Martins' pegging-back pace up top is about as easy as it ever gets for an NUFC back 4, mind.

And they also had a top keeper who although not vocal had experience, and Nobby Solano. Sibierski was also at the very least an out ball.

:thup:

Raylor - Janmaat - Mike - Haidara for the derby. Superb stuff :thup:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/1/9/1231505631585/Jermain-Defoe-002.jpg

At least Janmaat should, in theory, be better suited to deal with Defoes pace. Obviously his positioning will be all over the place, but that's the one positive I can muster up from this :lol:

I am sure I heard that the FA no longer extend bans for frivolous appeals.

Think so too. Think it was meant as a deterrent against clubs appealing and it then taking a week for the FA to sort out, meaning that the player could play in the next game if it was an important one. These days, they are always handles before the next game anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Guest Roger Kint

I doubt it. Look at the state of our 3rd choice keeper. I don't even want to imagine what our 5th choice CB looks like given how crap the others are, Dummett excepted.

5th choice is crippled at Rangers. Next up is Satka who apparently had a shocker in the Northumberland Cup at North Shields or similar recently :lol:

The only way Colo's tackle should have been appealed is if there was any doubt as to whether he got a bit of the ball or not (had it been that type of tackle). Take for example Habib Beye's last man challenge which earned him a red card at the time. The FA correctly reversed the referee's decision when video evidence showed he had got the ball. Colo's tackle had no such circumstances and should never have been appealed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TruToon94

Thank fuck we got rid of MYM! Lord knows we could have played him now and then we'd really have been in trouble.

Did anyone notice if our Captain Fantastic was there lending any moral support today?

@lee_ryder 

Fabricio Coloccini has also travelled with the squad today #nufc #safc