Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

This thread makes me desperately sad like.

Hopefully this is his last season as he's declined horrifically, but a bizzare level of abuse for a player who has delivered more times than any other over the course of the last 5 years or so.

:thup: He is now poor but he hasn't always been. The abuse is uncalled for in my opinion. Still think he is our best centre half because we are so weak in that area.

Both. :sadnod:

:thup:

He is our best CB and he has served us quite well overall, but the fact remains we should have seen that circumstances were ideal for him to leave and for us to move on. And now he is regularly out of position, reckless and hasn't played well for quite a while.

Just saw the game, never a red, terrible decision by the ref, everton players reaction got him sent off for what was at most a yellow. Now we are really fucked in defence, lol.

Everton reaction was Chelseaesque in the extreme. Was a foul and probably a yellow but never a red.

Unwarranted abuse for a guy who is supposed to be the leader on the pitch, the guy who wears the armband that nobody thinks matters these days, doesn't  stand up and be cuonted, doesn't show up for quite some time, gets sent off for a stupid challenge and misses the derby...unwarrented abuse? They all deserve it right now, it's the same defeatist mentality that they've drilled into us. Sick of this ambitionless club and player's who go out and put out performances like that. Abuse rightly aimed at the man who should be LEADING this club, not getting a red away from home and now missing the derby. Hope people can stomach another Stadium of Light bumming.

People wonder why we never compete against the likes of Man City like Burnley did last night. That's where leadership comes in. We have absolutely none from the designated captain. Deserves all the abuse he gets on here.

Aye. I do think we should be far more tolerant of captains who can't lead and defenders who don't defend, like.

Would be pleasant if people refrained from labelling our best centre half of the last decade a 'coward', 'prick', 'curly-haired cunt' etc at every opportunity. Just come across as fickle dafties tbh.

People wonder why we never compete against the likes of Man City like Burnley did last night. That's where leadership comes in. We have absolutely none from the designated captain. Deserves all the abuse he gets on here.

Do they? Most with an ounce of sense will be aware of the Myriad of problems that culminate in our 'no-shows'.

Look who was Captain when we beat the Champions elect this season.

Aye. I do think we should be far more tolerant of captains who can't lead and defenders who don't defend, like.

Would be pleasant if people refrained from labelling our best centre half of the last decade a 'coward', 'prick', 'curly-haired cunt' etc at every opportunity. Just come across as fickle dafties tbh.

He's been shite for coming up on three years now, hasn't been a captain whatsoever since given the arm band, tried fucking off back home for nowt and his list of red cards is getting way too long now. What the fuck else does it take before we can call him out on being crap?

Do they? Most with an ounce of sense will be aware of the Myriad of problems that culminate in our 'no-shows'.

The common denominator in such games is shambolic, unorganised half-hearted defending and an epidemic of head dropping after the first goal.

He's been shite for coming up on three years now, hasn't been a captain whatsoever since given the arm band, tried fucking off back home for nowt and his list of red cards is getting way too long now. What the fuck else does it take before we can call him out on being crap?

Criticism of his performances is fair game. He's been shoddy for a while now. The personal abuse, on the other hand, is positively embarrassing. In 10 years time he'll be fondly remembered as one of the few non-turboshit defenders in living memory, not a curly-haired cunt.

The common denominator in such games is shambolic, unorganised half-hearted defending and an epidemic of head dropping after the first goal.

And bugger all attacking threat, poor team selection, backwards coaching, etc. To be honest I don't even know why I'm bothered. He's crap, everything's crap, pretty churlish to get bothered by your bluster when the whole club stinks.

I agree it shouldn't be personal, but it's like watching a great band reform and churn out s*** money spinning album after s*** money spinning nostalgia tour, there were great times but the longer it goes on it adds more of a sour note.

He's been a first choice CB at this club for years now. Over the last 2 and a bit seasons we've shipped 173 goals, currently we're on 46 with only QPR (52) and Burnley (47) worse. We shipped 59 last season and 68 the year before that and he's been the captain and presumably first name on the sheet. We've defended horribly as a unit and he's been in the thick of it more often than not. His personal performances are declining rapidly and it's not too unexpected that, given his position and stature, he's getting grief.

Not saying he's the only one culpable but we've been dicked far too often. 

It does appear the club have been very supportive of him during his time here. He hasn't repaid that support on the pitch.

I honestly think he's fair game. If his performances were over and above his team-mates then I'd cut him a bit of slack but a good run of form 3 or 4 years ago doesn't get you a pass for 2 or 3 seasons of shite.

I genuinely thought he was among the league's best defenders the season we finished 5th but I sort of lost my respect for him after his San Lorenzo shenanigans the season after. Will never understand how he was made captain in the first place.

I genuinely thought he was among the league's best defenders the season we finished 5th but I sort of lost my respect for him after his San Lorenzo shenanigans the season after. Will never understand how he was made captain in the first place.

:nods:

Another symptom of a shambolic shell of a club.

In a twisted way I respect the way he has totally rinsed Ashley for his personal gain but as a general rule it's fucking pathetic and refers back to the sentence above.

He's been a first choice CB at this club for years now. Over the last 2 and a bit seasons we've shipped 173 goals, currently we're on 46 with only QPR (52) and Burnley (47) worse. We shipped 59 last season and 68 the year before that and he's been the captain and presumably first name on the sheet. We've defended horribly as a unit and he's been in the thick of it more often than not. His personal performances are declining rapidly and it's not too unexpected that, given his position and stature, he's getting grief.

Been going steadily downhill for a couple of years now.

We need two first team CD's in the summer, we'll probably get one.

Been going steadily downhill for a couple of years now.

We need two first team CD's in the summer, we'll probably get one.

We need an entire new set of CD in the summer. The only one I'd keep is Dummet, the rest of them can get fucked. We need two starting CBs and one young fifth choice after Dummet and Lascelles. Fat chance of that happening.

:thup: :thup:

Not only does this suspension rob us of our best centre half (which is a huge problem in itself) but also our biggest attacking threat this season in Janmaat (another huge problem) seeing as he'll probably be the one shifted across.