Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

He's been a first choice CB at this club for years now. Over the last 2 and a bit seasons we've shipped 173 goals, currently we're on 46 with only QPR (52) and Burnley (47) worse. We shipped 59 last season and 68 the year before that and he's been the captain and presumably first name on the sheet. We've defended horribly as a unit and he's been in the thick of it more often than not. His personal performances are declining rapidly and it's not too unexpected that, given his position and stature, he's getting grief.

Not saying he's the only one culpable but we've been dicked far too often. 

He's no longer good enough to be a regular starter and we shouldn't be in a position which means that he is.

Not only does this suspension rob us of our best centre half (which is a huge problem in itself) but also our biggest attacking threat this season in Janmaat (another huge problem) seeing as he'll probably be the one shifted across.

Didn't even think of this. Ugh. :anguish:

Unwarranted abuse for a guy who is supposed to be the leader on the pitch, the guy who wears the armband that nobody thinks matters these days, doesn't  stand up and be cuonted, doesn't show up for quite some time, gets sent off for a stupid challenge and misses the derby...unwarrented abuse? They all deserve it right now, it's the same defeatist mentality that they've drilled into us. Sick of this ambitionless club and player's who go out and put out performances like that. Abuse rightly aimed at the man who should be LEADING this club, not getting a red away from home and now missing the derby. Hope people can stomach another Stadium of Light bumming.

Season was over as soon as Pardew wasn't sacked in the summer. Then it died even more with Carver appointed manager until the summer. It's all fair to give him abuse for this season and even last, but let's not forget what he did for this club during 2-3 seasons. If I woke up everyday knowing I'd have to play next to Steven Taylor or Mike Williamson and have Carver managing me, I'd be getting sent off every game until they just gave me vacation so I could enjoy my money.

It's obviously unprofessional what he has done/is doing, but at the same time I just can't blame him, our club is total shambles, he's been done for over 18months and yet he's here captaining the side and playing every game because we're a piece of shit.

Also, him being shit helps us towards not appointing Carver at the summer.

Unwarranted abuse for a guy who is supposed to be the leader on the pitch, the guy who wears the armband that nobody thinks matters these days, doesn't  stand up and be cuonted, doesn't show up for quite some time, gets sent off for a stupid challenge and misses the derby...unwarrented abuse? They all deserve it right now, it's the same defeatist mentality that they've drilled into us. Sick of this ambitionless club and player's who go out and put out performances like that. Abuse rightly aimed at the man who should be LEADING this club, not getting a red away from home and now missing the derby. Hope people can stomach another Stadium of Light bumming.

Season was over as soon as Pardew wasn't sacked in the summer. Then it died even more with Carver appointed manager until the summer. It's all fair to give him abuse for this season and even last, but let's not forget what he did for this club during 2-3 seasons. If I woke up everyday knowing I'd have to play next to Steven Taylor or Mike Williamson and have Carver managing me, I'd be getting sent off every game until they just gave me vacation so I could enjoy my money.

It's obviously unprofessional what he has done/is doing, but at the same time I just can't blame him, our club is total shambles, he's been done for over 18months and yet he's here captaining the side and playing every game because we're a piece of s***.

Also, him being s*** helps us towards not appointing Carver at the summer.

Agreed - Colo has been a fine defender for the club but he has been declining now for a couple of years ; his reading of the game is still OK but his legs are not getting him to where he needs to be. He has also suffered by being placed alongside mediocre or Championship-level CB partners.

We all know this - a club with NUFC's support run by anything like a knowledgeable or ambitious owner would have provided the cash to replace him 2 years ago...as long as he can stand Ashley will consider him good enough NOT to have to spend on a replacement - that is the thinking at the small-time outfit that was once a proud name in English football and is now a complete waste of space.

If Carver is made permanent manager in the summer, relegation is a certainty and Ashley will be happy to dump the club when he has finally ruined it totally.

Without reading the comments since the match yesterday, I bet Ronaldo has commented about ten times and Colo being a poor captain will have been mentioned!

He's right though. He's been nothing short of appalling this season

Guest Roger Kint

Without reading the comments since the match yesterday, I bet Ronaldo has commented about ten times and Colo being a poor captain will have been mentioned!

He's right though. He's been nothing short of appalling for several seasons

FYP. Dont know how anyone can defend his performances or leadership.

I will not judge him on that idiotic lunge. Could have happened to anyone. He has been utter crap though, even when not making rash tackles. In the grand scheme of things however, I applaud him for making Carver's job even more difficult. We simply cannot start next season with him in charge (whatever division we might be in).

The lunge is a symptom of his lack of composure and increasing desperation though. He's been running around like a headless chicken for months now. Not entirely his fault obviously, as this feeling is due to the awfulness throughout the club.

All the best clubs give slack to their captain who's declined massively over the past 2-3 years. However they give them slack by shipping them out and thanking them for their service far before the decline is this dramatic.  Generally they also have a semblance of a succession plan for said player or they earmark a replacement and grab him. We actually did this for once with MYM but shipped him out for nothing. Job well done. I'll always love Colo deep down but I'm not giving him slack for something he did well a few years ago man.

I don't think anybody is defending anything.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Maybe you should read why Paully and Ronaldo argue then

Guest antz1uk

he's a bit like Pardew, flatters to decieve but is ultimately a bit of a coward. I used to really like this guy but over the last couple of years he's mostly gone into hiding and just seems happy to be seeing out the rest of his contract cos we wouldn't let him away a couple years ago.

A bit like Colo

:dog:

Don't understand what grounds there could be for an appeal. He made a clear foul, the referee judged it was worthy of red. Those ones absolutely never get rescinded.

On the grounds that it was a yellow at the worst, never a red card ever.