Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If he really wanted to go he'd do so with no pay off

The club would have wanted a fee though.

I mean now - soz for ambiguity

I see, same applies though no? If he's under contract he's our asset. Guess it would save wages.

I'll chip in for his taxi home. He should have been binned a couple of years ago when it first pulled this rubbish about wanting to go home. As it is, he held the club to ransom and got his way. Good player in his day, but in recent times his cowardice has been notable. An awful club captain really, since Nolan was sold. :(

Won't be missed and largely the message is good riddance

Which is a shame because he has had good spells, such as that 5th placed season when he was immense. I don't think it has helped that he has had to play with crap which highlighted his decline, playing alongside a commanding centre half would have masked his weakness and highlight his strengths

Also the main feeling would be his horrific captaincy, the playing side can be somewhat forgiven BUT there is no excuse for being a coward, should have stepped down from the captaincy at the very least

I'm defending him. Argentina is a lovely place and I also want to return there someday. Sure their policies on the Falkland's are objectionable and there problems with the gaps between the richest and poorest in the country but they are world leaders in cultural influence and their food, wine and tourism industries are fantastic and Buenos Aires is one of the finest cities in the world - deserving its name of the 'City of Fair winds'. It's streets and architecture are reminiscent of spectacular European destinations such as Milan and Paris and shares much of it's colonial and cultural heritage with Italy. Despite our nations differences in the past, it is a welcoming and beautiful country which should top anyone's travel list in South America and indeed the globe.

Or are you on about him being a cunt? Oh if so, then aye he's a bit of a cunt.

Well past his sell by date, had a couple of good years with us and I'm grateful for that but overstayed his welcome (through no fault of his own). Best news I've had today, hope we let him go now, we really need to as part of the rebuilding process.

cunt sided with Pardew over the whole HBA fiasco as well. could have played a proper captains role and acted as an intermediary between the two for the good of the club.

He became pointless the moment we signed Mbemba or even Mbiwa before that. We needed a dominating centre back, instead we've bought smaller players and tried to use Colo as the big defender, something he patently isn't and never has been. He probably realises he's not going to play much next season, it will suit everyone if he retires to Argentina.

Then why did he sign a new extension last year ? He's been agitating for a move home for a while, just seems to want to do it with a wedge of cash in his pocket. He's stolen a living of us for the last few seasons.

Then why did he sign a new extension last year ? He's been agitating for a move home for a while, just seems to want to do it with a wedge of cash in his pocket. He's stolen a living of us for the last few seasons.

Why wouldn't he sign a contract extension? Most of us were expecting him to be released, but when the powers that be dangled an extra few £million for him to carry on, he's not going to turn it down. Blame the likes of Charnley and McClaren for that one.