La Liga

Village Idiot

Penaldo just scores pens and tap ins these days. 10 pens in the league this season, give them to Benzema or Higuain instead and they'd be comfortably Madrid's top scorer.

At least Zlatan who's been banging away Zenalties all season wins them through his own skill, Cron gets them handed to him by his teammates.

Read this comment as a standalone post, and until it got to the Benzema/Higuain bit, I was thinking "eh? Who's this Penaldo character?" Oh dear.

Penaldo just scores pens and tap ins these days. 10 pens in the league this season, give them to Benzema or Higuain instead and they'd be comfortably Madrid's top scorer.

'Penaldo' ffs :lol:

Is it me or has Sewelly turned heel lately? Love him, mind. :lol:

ffs :lol:

Incidentally Messi is just 13 goals away of becoming our all time top goalscorer, at age 24. Nuts.

And say what you will, Messi brings much more stuff to the football pitch than Cronaldo. I can easily see him dropping into a playmaker/Zidane-ish role and still be ridiculously good when he ages and loses athleticism.

Agreed.  He won't lose his vision, touch or strength on the ball, if anything the first two will probably improve.  Once Ronaldo loses his pace, he'll be pretty ineffective at the highest level.

Still be strong as an Ox and have that leap/heading ability. He'll be a bully for many years to come.

Incidentally Messi is just 13 goals away of becoming our all time top goalscorer, at age 24. Nuts.

And say what you will, Messi brings much more stuff to the football pitch than Cronaldo. I can easily see him dropping into a playmaker/Zidane-ish role and still be ridiculously good when he ages and loses athleticism.

Agreed.  He won't lose his vision, touch or strength on the ball, if anything the first two will probably improve.  Once Ronaldo loses his pace, he'll be pretty ineffective at the highest level.

Still be strong as an Ox and have that leap/heading ability. He'll be a bully for many years to come.

he'll surely move to be a more orthodox number 9?  nothing to say he'll lose so much pace mind, he's not had a 'proper' injury yet

he'll surely move to be a more orthodox number 9?  nothing to say he'll lose so much pace mind, he's not had a 'proper' injury yet

Yep. Injuries are odd though. Rio was never plagued by them in his youth but succumbed frequently in latter years.

Gosh I just put up Ronaldo's stats as comparison since someone was saying how great Messi's stats are, didn't even say Ronaldo was better and look at all the sarcastic remarks I'm getting. So stats are only good when they are used to prove that Messi is better than Pele and Maradona combined, right. The Messi worshipping over here is ridiculous, you guys might as well set up the Messintology religion/cult.

Gosh I just put up Ronaldo's stats as comparison since someone was saying how great Messi's stats are, didn't even say Ronaldo was better and look at all the sarcastic remarks I'm getting. So stats are only good when they are used to prove that Messi is better than Pele and Maradona combined, right. The Messi worshipping over here is ridiculous, you guys might as well set up the Messintology religion/cult.

there's a reason there's usually an absolute consensus about who the best player is, and there's usually a reason why some bellend is sat on the sidelines throwing insinuations and bullshit stats about to try and prove otherwise

messi is the best on the planet, that's the end, numbers don't really matter...and if they did, he has better numbers than anyone else anyway :lol:

there's a reason there's usually an absolute consensus about who the best player is, and there's usually a reason why some bellend is sat on the sidelines throwing insinuations and bullshit stats about to try and prove otherwise

messi is the best on the planet, that's the end, numbers don't really matter...and if they did, he has better numbers than anyone else anyway :lol:

No because if you by goals over just the last 3 seasons, but discount all competitions except the league then Ronaldo is better!11!! alpal criticising people for selective stats use while doing it himself = :facepalm:

alpal doesn't even watch La Liga but comes marching into this thread to post stats when he fancies it. Pro tip = watching footballers play football is better than stats

Spends his time criticising people for admiring the best footballer of his generation while bitterly and pathetically trying to put him down at every turn. It goes back years, he's posted rubbish about how Messi couldn't cope as well in the Premier League and isn't as good as Rooney in the past. Rabbid, embittered fool.

be interested in what's been spent to topple them by madrid like...not that barca were assembled cheaply by any means but i reckon the spend since guardiola took over barcelona must be immense (not even sure if kaka/ronaldo would even be included in those figures, but take them into account and it'd be madness)

Yh Jose is a real genius, he is responsible for Barca having a worse away record than most teams in the league.....

Jose is responsible for Barca dropping 13 more points at this stage compared to last season.

Genius.

Mind games ;)

Real Madrid

2008-09

Total spending: € 71.7 million

Total income: € 69.7 million

2009-10

Total spending: €259 million  :kasper:

Total income: €88.5 million

2010-11

Total spending: €74.5 million

Total income: €16 million

2011-12

Total spending: €55 million

Total income: €9 million

Total spending over 4 seasons: €460.2 million

Total income over 4 seasons: €183.2 million

Total: €277 million loss

Barca

2008-09

Total spending: €88 million

Total income: €49.5 million

2009-10

Total spending: €85.5 million

Total income: €2 million (f***ing Zlatan)

2010-11

Total spending: €71.5 million

Total income: €43 million

2011-12

Total spending: €72 million

Total income: €8.25 million

Total spent: €317 million

Total income: €102.75

Total: €214.25 million loss

Yh Jose is a real genius, he is responsible for Barca having a worse away record than most teams in the league.....

Jose is responsible for Barca dropping 13 more points at this stage compared to last season.

Genius.

Fast forward to 19th May.....

Jose Mourinho. Genius. Responsible for Real Madrid winning the Champions League....