Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Just watched a few vids of him, the guy has got some crazy skillz!!!

He must be the bums on seats player Pardew was talking/lying about.

I guess so. He'll entertain, his pace will certianly help too. Guess time will tell with his end product, but seems a decent signing.

Once again we persist to neglect another LB signing. This signing reminds me a bit of the Duff signing- not as bad, of course, but once again one that could have been put to much better use in another position ie left back or a striker.

For the moment I'm sceptical but it could prove a good signing should we bring in the right personnel in other positions. However, if this is our 'striker' signing then it sums it the Ashley regime down to a tee, imo.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

"Gabriel Obertan Ready For 2011/2012" - could be an interesting search to put into a well-known video site for those prone to excitement like myself.

There was another good one.

Obertan- The Next Ronaldo (or something).

Really does have some extreme pace and dribbling, quite a few skills too. Just decision making that's poor.

Guest Antec

"Gabriel Obertan Ready For 2011/2012" - could be an interesting search to put into a well-known video site for those prone to excitement like myself.

'Kin 'ell looks a lot better than I thought. Loves a lollipop the lad as well

Once again we persist to neglect another LB signing. This signing reminds me a bit of the Duff signing- not as bad, of course, but once again one that could have been put to much better use in another position ie left back or a striker.

For the moment I'm sceptical but it could prove a good signing should we bring in the right personnel in other positions. However, if this is our 'striker' signing then it sums it the Ashley regime down to a tee, imo.

Jesus man, you've went from 'neglecting left back' to 'could be another Duff' to 'if this is out striker' in a couple of sentences.

How about, we've added to the midfield with some genuine pace now lets crack on and get the striker we need. Afterall, there is 3 weeks left!

Impressive. Might have more confidence to do more of that at a team like us and play his natural game. 

Really does have some extreme pace and dribbling, quite a few skills too. Just decision making that's poor.

Should type Xisco - future star as well then :lol:

Should type Xisco - future star as well then :lol:

Can't believe you've given up on Xisco already. :angry:

that assist against wolfburg in the champs league is great

this guy has it - its going to be a hot and cold season for him - give him time - think he could turn a match - really think this is a great signing

Happy with this signing on a permenant, I would have been wary on loan.  But if we've got him for £2-3m on a reasonably cheap long term contract its a very good deal IMO.  Could end up a class player, if not he wouldn't be hard to move on.

At first I was a bit 'meh', now I'm actually rather pleased. Providing we give him some time I think he could be a cracking signing. No doubt being in and out, mostly out, of the manure side wouldn't have given the guy much of a chance to build some consistency. We all know how that helped Welbeck and Cleverley last year. They looked like decent players at times last season.

Now for that illusive striker.