Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest loven Mag 11

A winger is ment to stick to the wing, so why he feels the need to constantly drift inside and leave Tav isolated is beyond me. He has no positional sense what so ever. It actually makes me sad watching him. My facial expression when he has the ball is a carbon copy of Hatems when he seen obertan was coming on at the weekend, absolute bewilderment.

He was much better in the second half, in fairness.

The only way he could have been worse is if he spent the entire second half wellying the ball into his own net. In fairness.

:lol: this is true

He actually used his pace on two occasions to get past his man on the counter, crossing for the Cisse chance when Itandje came out and smothered it and also played a good ball across to Amalfitano (which could have done without Cisse's touch). He was actually bordering on OK for portions of the second half.

He improved in the second, but he's horrible in so many ways. Not even worth discussing his weaknesses in detail. Should either be sold to the first bidder or ONLY be used as an impact substitute against shite teams playing a very high line.