Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest Heneage

Did he even make much of an impression in France?

I can't imagine so, like.

He did without ever truly cementing himself, by in large he was a substitute there. The time at Lorient was seen as a chance to develop his consistency.

It's possible yeah. That's why the backline has been so strong.

As for Obertan I think when he's looked confident (Villa away as an example) he's looked very handy. Why people are calling for Routledge I have no idea because he was just as bad if not worse.

Routledge isn't our player, people aren't calling for him.  They are comparing our current right winger with a player who played in the same position for us recently. I don't see a better player than Routledge in Obertan.

No but the mood on here is starting to permeate to the terraces.

I'm not sure we're to blame like mate, he's just been crap :lol:

No no I'm not blaming folk on here.

My point is he needs time, he's not even had half a season of first team football. I still think he's adapting to English football.

Ok,but the reason the stuff being said in the stands is the same as the stuff on here is because we're all watching the same player look less convincing with every performance. Mick's point about him standing still in space with the ball until someone approaches him is a good one. That's beyond basic,drive on ffs.

Guest Benarfanufc10

Did he even make much of an impression in France?

I can't imagine so, like.

Bordeaux loaned him out before he went to Man U.

It is a s*** in bordeaux blanc says obertan don't understand nothing at football and loan lorient

With 2 coach very good blanc and gourcuff it is a bad  :cheesy: mu buy obertan the people bordeaux hilarious ;D

It is a s*** in bordeaux blanc says obertan don't understand nothing at football and loan lorient

With 2 coach very good blanc and gourcuff it is a bad  :cheesy: mu buy obertan the people bordeaux hilarious ;D

The people of Manchester think it's hilarious that we've bought him.

Guest Benarfanufc10

The people of Manchester think it's hilarious that we've bought him.

same result nufc with obertan go in other team hilarious

marveaux is good but 5 years in L1/3 years injury that is a problem

Blanc said he was very surprised man utd wanted him... passenger at bordeaux. he's one of those Bellion, Bebe type signings by Fergie - he sees some physical potential in a young player and takes a risk hoping he can fashion something out of the raw material. Could group Smalling in that group too considering he'd barely played for Fulham when Man Utd signed him.

IMO it's his last chance against Swansea, a game we should win they are s**** away from home.

He'll get plenty more chances. He's been terrible in 10 out of 16 games and will still start.

Sadly, you're right.

No, the really frustrating thing is that on a couple of occasions - and one in particular - today, he showed the ability to go past two or three defenders at a time. He has the ability. Maddening as f*** when you see someone with talent but no application.

Sums it up for me.

He'll definitely get more chances, so obviously we hope we're wrong. But I don't see how he beats this mental block he has going.

Confidence through game-time, unfortunately for us (while we're missing 3 of our best players)

IMO it's his last chance against Swansea, a game we should win they are s**** away from home.

He'll get plenty more chances. He's been terrible in 10 out of 16 games and will still start.

The size of it really. :(

No, the really frustrating thing is that on a couple of occasions - and one in particular - today, he showed the ability to go past two or three defenders at a time. He has the ability. Maddening as f*** when you see someone with talent but no application.

Sums it up for me.

It's not even a lack of application I don't think - it seems to be a complete lack of confidence.

Sums it up for me.

It's not even a lack of application I don't think - it seems to be a complete lack of confidence.

He's finally getting his run of games in the starting line up so he should in theory be increasing in confidence (compared to the last couple of seasons anyway). He got injured at the wrong time really.

I'm not really sure he does have the ability TBH, i think he is just quick and with his pace he finds himself passing players with the ball.

It's just bad fortune that someone like Guthrie couldn't have been blessed with his pace and energy.

He has pace but he never ever seems to open up his legs and accelerate past opponents. Having said that, he needs to work the channels better and improvement his movement because Cabaye never ever seems to see a pass for him - that's nothing to do with Cabaye's vision/ability and everything to do with Obertans movement/intelligence - or lack of.

I'm not really sure he does have the ability TBH, i think he is just quick and with his pace he finds himself passing players with the ball.

It's just bad fortune that someone like Guthrie couldn't have been blessed with his pace and energy.

This, people keep talking as if he has ability, but he has never shown any ability in his entire career so far.

He's a lost cause.