Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

If he stormed out, fair play to him for showing a little bottle and wanting to be involved. However, from what I've seen in his time here, his main attribute his useless as he doesn't have the technique or the brain to match it.

Bringing in Sammy ahead of him was absolutely the right thing to do although I'm not sure why the decision to do this was made so late.

It's hard not to feel a tad sorry for him.

He spent his best development years in the reserve side of Manchester United. He went from playing in a decent enough Lorient side to upstaging Wigan Athletic's reserves. The gulf in quality between the two platforms is startling and typified by the fact he scored a hat-trick against our second string.

When he was at Bordeaux he had potential, and for that reason I see why we took a punt on him developing. Unfortunately we could never give him regular games either. Maybe if we'd nabbed him in the Championship it could have worked out. Instead he's reduced to cameos in the league cup -- a nightmare for a confidence player still rusty to first team games. I think if we can get €1million from a Ligue 2 side we'll have done well. Perhaps a lower half Ligue 1 side might be interested, someone like Bastia or Guingamp.

27 games in all competitions in his first season, 26 in his 2nd.

'We could never give him regular games' ffs. He had enough games to show he's s***.

And no, I don't feel sorry for him. I only feel sorry we have been conned by Fergie again.

Guest Killuminati

He has so much shitness in his boots its unbelivable.....Hes something mixed between Stephane Guivarch and Ali Dia...the talent Souness brought to knowing

He has so much shitness in his boots its unbelivable.....Hes something mixed between Stephane Guivarch and Ali Dia...the talent Souness brought to knowing

He's really not that bad, he's shot for confidence and he's playing a bit above his level. Needs to play consistently at a lower or easier level.

Guest Killuminati

He's really not that bad, he's shot for confidence and he's playing a bit above his level. Needs to play consistently at a lower or easier level.

When he first came to Newcastle...i was excited...flair player with speed i thought. Game after game he has produced nothing. He"s the kind of player you know will blow it all when having the ball. His firs touch is Ameobi class, he"s zero at heading, he has speed but dont how to use it, he cant shoot, he dosent have split vision passing skills. I really dont what hes good at yet

Guest bimpy474

Ian please, just stop it man.

Ian please, just stop it man.

He is definitely a confidence player he played a part in a our run 2 seasons ago when we made an unbeaten start to the season but since then been in and out of the team and at times has played terrible. Has his moments when he shows he does have a bit of talent so would be useful for a team fighting relegation and playing regularly but has no place in our team now. If he worked on his decision making, he would be a handful but that's being optimistic, realistically it's not going to happen as I've not seen much improvement since he joined.

Fergie must have sat and laughed his whisky sodden red nose off the day he persuaded NUFC to buy the useless bastard.

Never mind the countless titles and trophies credited to the sour faced old cunt, getting a fee for Obertan must rank with the two goal last minute come back in the CL final.

It wasn't very good of the crowd to boo Obertan on to the pitch. To be fair, the crowd cheered encouragement when he did some good work.

His best moment was when he put a dangerous cross in from the right which Cisse almost got on the end of.

NUFC might as well move him on if they can. The fans have given up on him and he barely gets any playing time so it is in the interests of all parties that he moves on.