Erik Pieters

Dave

"Pardew was openly talking of Pieters deal being 'just about done' at end of last week. It clearly wasn't. Santon? Not much time left. #NUFC"

Pieters seems to be the one Pardew prefered. Too expensive for Ashley & co though..

Cant say i have seen either pieters or santon play, which woud be the best to have?

Santon is the better player, but he's predominantly a RB.

Most competently run clubs would sign both if they had a pleb like Simpson playing at RB and no LB, for us it's obviously one or the other.

Cant say i have seen either pieters or santon play, which woud be the best to have?

Santon is the better player, but he's predominantly a RB.

Most competently run clubs would sign both if they had a pleb like Simpson playing at RB and no LB, for us it's obviously one or the other.

Our failure to capture signings like this (most probably due to us being tight fisted), makes me envy clubs like citeh evan more with seemingly unlimited transfer funds so much more... :angry:

This is probably the worst transfer saga of the lot for me, worse than Erding. The amount of times It's been a 'done deal' and we have said "thank fuck for that, we can concentrate on a forward now" is unreal.

The frustrating thing is that these clubs seem prepared to sell for a reasonable fee but we only seem interested in a player at a bargain price.

I heard a journalist over the weekend saying that Daniel Levy's policy is to double the price of every player Spurs want to sell and to offer half the price when they are buying.  Sounds like we have adopted that approach as well. 

What a monumental waste of fucking time and resources this was.

Not for the club

Lambias makes an enquiry about player, leaks interest to press... then does not more about it, fans hopes built up.. smoke screen complete.

What a monumental waste of f***ing time and resources this was.

Not for the club

Lambias makes an enquiry about player, leaks interest to press... then does not more about it, fans hopes built up.. smoke screen complete.

You tell em Skirge! Put an end to those hissy fits.