L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Unless a fair amount of work has already been done on another striker, given the rate we have moved in the past and the fact that you have to pay a premium this time of year I just can't see them having the time to shape a good enough deal for Ashley.

Expecting the focus to be solely on a defender now.

If we've pulled out of the deal because of a genuine concern about his fitness then it's fair enough, we've dodged a bullet.

If we've pulled out of the deal because it would mean Ashley actually parting with real cash then it's fucking absurd.

The fact Ashley has only ever actually 'paid' for 2 strikers since he took over has me a bit concerned. (Xisco and Best btw).  :jesuswept:

If we've pulled out of the deal because of a genuine concern about his fitness then it's fair enough, we've dodged a bullet.

If we've pulled out of the deal because it would mean Ashley actually parting with real cash then it's f***ing absurd.

The fact Ashley has only ever actually 'paid' for 2 strikers since he took over has me a bit concerned. (Xisco and Best btw).  :jesuswept:

i'd guess 'his people' would want proof if we are saying it isn't going through due to a medical concern.

If we've pulled out of the deal because it would mean Ashley actually parting with real cash then it's f***ing absurd.

Call me naive but surely it leaves us on a sticky legal wicket if we've failed someone on a medical when their fit.

i'd guess 'his people' would want proof if we are saying it isn't going through due to a medical concern.

No idea but I'm fairly sure that any 'deal' we had was always subject to a medical. If our docs have had a look and said they don't fancy it then we're within our rights to pull out of the deal. Whether or not it's justified is a bit of a moot point. :dontknow:

:sad: Was really starting to look forward to this one.

Based on our other big-ish signings from Europe, where our scouts had the time to assess and the board had the (ridiculous) amount of time to get it done. I was a bit exited, and I just can't hide it.