Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

He's an average Premiership shot stopper who's made about half a dozen mistakes that have cost us points. It's not like Cech where his early season blunders have been made up by genuine match winning performances, he's had a couple of stand out games and then does something stupid like punch the ball to Tom Cleverly for no apparent reason. His distribution is also completely awful.

He's been arguably better than Krul but that's not saying much.

His distribution has gone totally backwards like, the one thing he seemingly better than Krul at to start with. Sure it's something to do with our coaching / club like. We haven't had a keeper that could kick consistently well since Pav.

I don't think he's made many stand-out errors where goals have been solely his fault like. Worst thing I can think of recently is how rooted to the spot he was for Shaqiri's goal. He's saved us as many points as he's (arguably) thrown away, Bournemouth (a) being the stand out game.

The vast majority of our goals conceded have came as a result of poor organisation, dedication and professionalism in front of him.

Also, I'm talking more about form than ability. He's been our most in form player this season, which like Disco says is probably why we are where we are. There's only really Wijnaldum that comes close and he goes missing half the time.

He's an average Premiership shot stopper who's made about half a dozen mistakes that have cost us points. It's not like Cech where his early season blunders have been made up by genuine match winning performances, he's had a couple of stand out games and then does something stupid like punch the ball to Tom Cleverly for no apparent reason. His distribution is also completely awful.

Half a dozen mistakes?  :lol:

What season have you been watching?

How many Premiership keepers would you not take ahead of him, really?

He's done really well since he has come in but no better than a second choice keeper for me.

The BPL is full of strong goalkeepers at the minute. A lot of clubs would say they wouldn't change their keeper for any other in the league. Look at the form from Forster, Butland and Adrian, just to name a few, at different times this year.

He's done really well since he has come in but no better than a second choice keeper for me.

The BPL is full of strong goalkeepers at the minute. A lot of clubs would say they wouldn't change their keeper for any other in the league. Look at the form from Forster, Butland and Adrian, just to name a few, at different times this year.

BPL?

BPL?

Barclays Premier League.

Well I mean in the last few month he's punched a ball straight to Cleverly on the edge of the box, stood still and let Shaqiri score from 20 yards down the centre of his net for some reason, remained rooted as Costa obviously breezed past Coloccini and met the ball at the edge of his box to slide in Willian - and they're just the completely unforgivable ones. This is during a period when he's been 'good' too, nobody wanted him anywhere near the side and were wishing for Darlow to not be shite at the start of winter.

Well I mean in the last few month he's punched a ball straight to Cleverly on the edge of the box, stood still and let Shaqiri score from 20 yards down the centre of his net for some reason, remained rooted as Costa obviously breezed past Coloccini and met the ball at the edge of his box to slide in Willian - and they're just the completely unforgivable ones. This is during a period when he's been 'good' too, nobody wanted him anywhere near the side and were wishing for Darlow to not be s**** at the start of winter.

Just fell flat on his arse when Deeney went round him in the cup anarl.

He did his knee in when he checked to the side to stop the shot. Looks like a bad one, perhaps a cruciate.

I rate Darlow so it's not end of world but very unlucky for Elliot who's been pretty much the only player this season for us who can hold his head up high.