Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

“Crisis? We are in the bottom three. That is as serious as it gets.

“I would not say it is a crisis. When we played West Ham last year, we had to win to stay up, I’d say that was a crisis.

“I don’t think crisis is the word, but believe me everyone is well aware of the situation we are in. We are not taking it lightly. I can assure the fans that.

“No one is sitting here complacently saying we’ll be fine. Don’t ever say people don’t care because we do.

“The table doesn’t lie after so long, but we know we are better than that. It is a case of getting out and doing it.

“We have to turn it into a performance against Stoke and make sure these last 12 games we become the team everyone knows we can be, rather than every week saying we have potential but we’re not quite there. Potential has to turn in to performance.

“I think the manager is a positive person. That he how he is and how he works. I think he has to be who he is and he doesn’t play any games.

“I like honesty about what is going on, then people can’t hold things against you.

We know at home we are fantastic, away we are not. There is no in between.

We know we can be good, we have done it on occasions, but we have to do it more often. We know how good we can be – that is a positive.”

Doesn't speak to his paymasters much then.

Guest chopey

He must be world class, did you not see the way he conserved his energy by just watching the goal go past rather than diving in those conditions and getting blown away with full knowledge that throwing the ball straight to Stoke would result in a goal.

I couldn't believe the commentator was going nuts about how good the goal was from Shaqiri.  I thought straight away that it had taken a huge deflection and even then, I thought Blob should have saved it.  It was straight down the middle FFS.  This cardboard cunt just stood there.

“Crisis? We are in the bottom three. That is as serious as it gets.

“I would not say it is a crisis. When we played West Ham last year, we had to win to stay up, I’d say that was a crisis.

“I don’t think crisis is the word, but believe me everyone is well aware of the situation we are in. We are not taking it lightly. I can assure the fans that.

“No one is sitting here complacently saying we’ll be fine. Don’t ever say people don’t care because we do.

“The table doesn’t lie after so long, but we know we are better than that. It is a case of getting out and doing it.

“We have to turn it into a performance against Stoke and make sure these last 12 games we become the team everyone knows we can be, rather than every week saying we have potential but we’re not quite there. Potential has to turn in to performance.

“I think the manager is a positive person. That he how he is and how he works. I think he has to be who he is and he doesn’t play any games.

“I like honesty about what is going on, then people can’t hold things against you.

We know at home we are fantastic, away we are not. There is no in between.

We know we can be good, we have done it on occasions, but we have to do it more often. We know how good we can be – that is a positive.”

http://i.imgur.com/naNwUlD.png

After today we've got the 14th best home record. Everyone at the club genuinely believed that 2 home wins in a row and a draw against Man United meant we'd coast to safety winning all our remaining games at SJP.

• 2 weeks later...