Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

• 3 weeks later...

He made saves most PL keepers would be expected to make and was poor for the first goal imo.

Well… most of our players don't deliver what you expect players in the Premier League to deliver, so I'd pat him on the back and give him a bag of crisps.

He's been fine. He's an ok PL backup. He's still slow as shit though, and thus doesn't make certain saves he should, and also makes other saves look rather hollywood.

Not sure if the slowness is physical or just about his reaction speed, though given his appearance, I'd guess the former.

• 4 weeks later...
“Crisis? We are in the bottom three. That is as serious as it gets.

“I would not say it is a crisis. When we played West Ham last year, we had to win to stay up, I’d say that was a crisis.

“I don’t think crisis is the word, but believe me everyone is well aware of the situation we are in. We are not taking it lightly. I can assure the fans that.

“No one is sitting here complacently saying we’ll be fine. Don’t ever say people don’t care because we do.

“The table doesn’t lie after so long, but we know we are better than that. It is a case of getting out and doing it.

“We have to turn it into a performance against Stoke and make sure these last 12 games we become the team everyone knows we can be, rather than every week saying we have potential but we’re not quite there. Potential has to turn in to performance.

“I think the manager is a positive person. That he how he is and how he works. I think he has to be who he is and he doesn’t play any games.

“I like honesty about what is going on, then people can’t hold things against you.

We know at home we are fantastic, away we are not. There is no in between.

We know we can be good, we have done it on occasions, but we have to do it more often. We know how good we can be – that is a positive.”

http://i.imgur.com/naNwUlD.png