Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Elliot who's been pretty much the only player this season for us who can hold his head up high.

Why does this crap get said so often on here? He's been OK, at best.

Let alone the fact he'd be doing well with the weight of that double chin[emoji38][emoji38]

Don't really get the unwillingness of some to praise Elliott. He is one of the only players who has exceeded expectations for us this year. He's our most in form player and probably a serious contender for player of the season. That probably says more about the s*** we've been served up than owt else like. This is bad news.

Don't really get the unwillingness of some to praise Elliott. He is one of the only players who has exceeded expectations for us this year. He's our most in form player and probably a serious contender for player of the season. That probably says more about the s*** we've been served up than owt else like. This is bad news.

People are making out he's Lev Yashin, though. He still flapped at home to Everton and just watched the ball sail past him away at Stoke. He's areet but nowt amazing.

If we end up going down, it'll be because we don't score enough goals and the back four are utterly s**** - not because we've got Karl Darlow in nets.

He's our most in form player and probably a serious contender for player of the season.

To folk who don't understand goalkeeping, sure. He been OK, at best. That's a more than fair appraisal.

Ah aye, I forgot you were Gigi Buffon like. :rolleyes:

He's our most in form player and probably a serious contender for player of the season.

To folk who don't understand goalkeeping, sure. He been OK, at best. That's a more than fair appraisal.

:thup:

:thup: :thup:

He makes some things look pretty flashy, but that's mainly because of slowness/poor positioning in the first place.

He's been fine. He has proven me wrong tbf, I didn't think he would be an adequate PL backup, but he has been. Well done Rob. Now go see Derek.

Just had a quick ganders at free agents, nobody at all really we can sign for cover. Maybe Stuart Taylor or Nicky Weaver  :lol: Can definitely see Rafa try to get an emergency loan.

People are making out he's Lev Yashin, though. He still flapped at home to Everton and just watched the ball sail past him away at Stoke. He's areet but nowt amazing.

If we end up going down, it'll be because we don't score enough goals and the back four are utterly s**** - not because we've got Karl Darlow in nets.

I don't disagree with this, but he is arguably our best performing player looking across the season.

He might be performing above his level of ability and that I probably agree with also, but you have to give credit where it's due, is what I am getting at.

And us folk who don't understand goalkeeping are perhaps concerned that the potential replacement may be a bit less than "ok".

He makes some things look pretty flashy, but that's mainly because of slowness/poor positioning in the first place.

He's been fine. He has proven me wrong tbf, I didn't think he would be an adequate PL backup, but he has been. Well done Rob. Now go see Derek.

Yeah i never thought he would reach ok standards tbf :lol:

Yeah i never thought he would reach ok standards tbf :lol:

Exactly my point.